No announcement yet.

NBA 2012, when does the season start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKC is now getting my hopes up...Hopefully they can do it.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It doesn't look like they will do it. They came out strong in first quarter but let Miami get back into it later in the game. I don't understand why when LeBron went down with an injury but continued to play that they did not go directly at him trying to score. He obviously had a bad leg or ankle and would find it hard to defend, but they did not take advantage of it. Now they have to do what no other team before has done - win three in a row.
      Also, I really hate the 2-3-2 format. I see no real reason for it. So it will add one more day to finals? It goes so long anyway, one or two more days should not matter.

Comment

• I half expected Lebron to pull a Paul Pierce in the wheelchair.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
          It doesn't look like they will do it. They came out strong in first quarter but let Miami get back into it later in the game. I don't understand why when LeBron went down with an injury but continued to play that they did not go directly at him trying to score. He obviously had a bad leg or ankle and would find it hard to defend, but they did not take advantage of it. Now they have to do what no other team before has done - win three in a row.
          Also, I really hate the 2-3-2 format. I see no real reason for it. So it will add one more day to finals? It goes so long anyway, one or two more days should not matter.
          3/16 from 3 pt land. What was that about OKC?
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• You just want the Thunder to lose because the Supersonics would win a championship somewhere else.

*so close*
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              You just want the Thunder to lose because the Supersonics would win a championship somewhere else.

they deserve to lose and I hope they burn in hell.
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• **** you Lebron. The Bulls would have owned your ass if Rose hadn't been hurt.

Comment

• Crap!!!

Don't know if I agree with you though, HT. But it probably would have gone seven.

Comment

• In your dreams, Bulls fans. They wouldn't have gotten past the Celtics.

Comment

• Where do you come up with this stuff alby?

Now granted since it never happened so it's all just speculation, but the Bulls played the Celtics 4 times this year and beat them 3 of those games with the smallest margin was 7 points. The one game they lost was by only four points and Rose didn't play in that game. So the Celtics never beat the Bulls this year when Rose was Playing.

So keep laughing away.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• 4 times? Can we say small sample size?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeah, but you can only go with what was played. It was a fact that the Celtics won 0 games when Rose was playing. How someone can say the Bulls wouldn't have gotten past them, based on that is quite a stretch.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                            Yeah, but you can only go with what was played. It was a fact that the Celtics won 0 games when Rose was playing. How someone can say the Bulls wouldn't have gotten past them, based on that is quite a stretch.
                            Mike Miller did something that was above and beyond what he has ever done last night. Past does not predict future and in the case of basketball you see it all the ****ing time with predictions.

Comment

• Agreed, He was the one that was making the prediction, and I was the one saying that he had nothing to support it.
                              He even put an LOL next to it which implied that it would be silly for anyone to disagree with him. Yes, I give it high probability that he was just trolling the abundant Chicago posters here.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Y'all really do need some trolling sometimes
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X