No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles was my first pick in both leagues and I also own Reggie Wayne in one of them. My year was shot, right off the bat. Add to it the fact that only by the grace of God that opponents have scored less against me that they have Jrabbit,...well, I think you can see where I'm headed.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I've actually been pretty lucky with injuries. My overall scoring has been (marginally) playoff-worthy, despite the fact that my RBs -- CJohnson (1) and DeAngelo Williams (5) -- have been a disaster area.

My WRs, OTOH, probably lead the league in scoring as a duo (Megatron and Welker).
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I took Johnson with my 2nd pick in D/ST. Maybe my best decision.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I assume you mean Calvin, not Chris. I got both.
          Considered changing my team name to Johnson & Johnson.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I've had a mixed bag with injuries.

Between Michael Vick and AJ Green this week, my team might have a rough match. To top it off, I play against my wife today.

__________________________________________________ ____________

I'm always looking for a funny status & dad jokes
            Last edited by CultureClash; March 14, 2018, 20:20.
            I'm always looking for a funny facebook status & dad jokes

Comment

• I haven't had any major injuries until this Schaub thing.
              Points From Drafted Players - Most
              Season (Average) Random Encounter 1393.76 (139.37)
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                I haven't had any major injuries until this Schaub thing.
                My worst one was Miles Austin. He was a beast at the start of the season, got injured, and was borderline worthless when he came back. Then he got injured all over again.

I ended up dumping him.

__________________________________________________ ____________

I'm always looking for a funny status & dad jokes
                Last edited by CultureClash; March 14, 2018, 20:10.
                I'm always looking for a funny facebook status & dad jokes

Comment

• Originally posted by CultureClash View Post
                  I've had a mixed bag with injuries.

Between Michael Vick and AJ Green this week, my team might have a rough match. To top it off, I play against my wife today.

This must be the worst scenario that I've ever heard.

Comment

• I sure wish I had nabbed Palmer, I could use him in 3-4 leagues right now

and starting next year the rules of golf will change, no more penalty for the wind moving a ball on the green after address. I dont know about at address though.

Comment

• Well, that worked.
                      Code:
                      Willis McGahee       NYJ     W, 17-13     46%     0   0   0   0   0   0   12   18   0   0   0   0   0   0   1   -3.95
                      (Den - RB) Q Player notes
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Chris Ogbonnoya did the same thing to me two weeks ago.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Okay, my last gasp in my league for money. I need to run the board and get some help. I'm also playing against my currently undefeated old boss.

No Miles Austin, Best, Colston, or Jimmy Graham.

My starters this week with backups in parentheses:

Romo (Palmer)
                          MJD, Blount (Hunter, Ogbonnaya)
                          Marshall, Harvin, Manningham (TB Mike Williams, Gaffney)
                          Fred Davis

That's probably making the best of a bad situation, right? I was hoping Gore would be sidelined so I could start Hunter but Gore looks to be good.
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That looks right to me, but I would have to study the RB2 situation. TB will be playing from behind against GB, so Blount may not see the field too much. I agree that the others aren't great options, but if SF gets a lead, Gore will probably be benched to prevent aggravating his ouchy... Just a thought off the top of my head.

Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Chris Ogbonnoya did the same thing to me two weeks ago.
                              Me too. I was desperate and not expecting much in a bad matchup but... negative points just suck. Especially when your opponent is getting double-digit points from his own collection of replacements.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                That looks right to me, but I would have to study the RB2 situation. TB will be playing from behind against GB, so Blount may not see the field too much. I agree that the others aren't great options, but if SF gets a lead, Gore will probably be benched to prevent aggravating his ouchy... Just a thought off the top of my head.

Good luck.
                                Yeah. That's my concern. I initially had Hunter starting but switched to Blount on the age-old logic of 'don't get cute, start the real-life starter'. It's tough. Hunter's not going to get the carries to support a double-digit fantasy day while Blount theoretically could (he's more likely to get it at the goal-line in any case)... I feel like Hunter is a lock for 3-7 points but won't get more than 10 whereas Blount is a lock for maybe 2 points but could potentially get 15+.

Bizarre that the real-life backup is probably the 'safer' play.

Comment

Working...
                                X