College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Texas goes, it will be to PAC.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The ACC potential deal allows Texas to keep Longhorn Network. Hence, why Texas may be interested when the Big 12 collapses around them.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Final score of the game: 56-7 Oregon. Best stat: At halftime the score was 35-7. Meanwhile, Mo St. had possessed the ball for 23.5 minutes, the Ducks 6.5 minutes. One scoring drive lasted 37 seconds.

Next week starts Pac-12 play against Arizona at the Zoo. But given their miserable performance against Stanford last night, it will probably be a walk-over. Arizona should try to recruit a kicker from the streets around campus or something.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• "The Pac-12 appears to be working out the final details of a deal that would bring Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech to the conference, sources close to the situation told Hookem.com and the American-Statesman on Sunday morning."

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, make it stop.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• In other rumors, WVU has allegedly applied to the SEC, while the new Pac-16 will break down into 4 "pods": Heartland (the Big 12 group), Mountain (Arizona duo and the two newcomers this season), California (duh), and the Northwest (duh).

I have no idea how that is supposed to work, but it sounds positively delightful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Yeah, the Illini (!) look to be the only significant threat to the Badgers in the Why's Wisconsin Here? division.
              Got home from the game just this afternoon. Thank God for the defense making a ton of big plays or the game would have been boring as all hell. Post game activities involved rescuing a keg from the middle of Florida ave that fell out of a pickup truck in too big of a hurry to leave, and then engaging in keg throwing competitions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                (and, honestly? **** Texas).
                QFT

Comment

• Honestly, whichever conference ends up taking Texas is going to have a serious case of buyer's remorse, unless they actually manage to scuttle the Longhorn Network, and even then...

Their sense of entitlement makes my fellow Michigan alums look like a gaggle of Dickensian orphans.

Comment

• They really deserve to be passed on by every major conference and forced to spend a couple decades in a new Southwest Conference with UTEP and Rice until they learn some humility. That's almost certainly not going to happen, though.

Comment

• Great concept... but yeah, not going to happen... sigh.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• What would be wrong with a new Southwest conference with Rice, UTEP, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, etc. That sounds fun.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Sounds fine to me.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The problem is that Oklahoma wants nothing to do with a Texas dominated conference anymore.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              The problem is that No One wants anything to do with a Texas dominated conference anymore.
                              Fixed

Comment

• Newest rumor is that Notre Dame is looking at the ACC, as opposed to the Big Ten.

Comment

Working...
                                X