• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-14 sanabas - Johan Santana, SP, NYM
    16-13 Berz - Eric Bedard SP SEA
    16-12 MGuth -Carlos Lee 1B/OF HOU
    16-11 Stuie - Jair Jurrjens SP ATL
    16-10 Guynemer - Kevin Gregg RP BAL
    16-9 UR - Rafael Soriano RP NYY (from PM)
    16-8 SlowwHand - Brian Matusz SP BAL
    16-7 EPW - John Lackey SP BOS
    16-6 Jdd - Leo Nunez RP FLA
    16-5 Fistandantilus - Anibel Sanches SP FLA
    16-4 illram - Ian Kennedy SP AZ
    16-3 Mike - Edwin Jackson SP CHW
    16-2 Ozzy - Neil Walker 2B, 3B PIT
    16-1 Jonny - Miguel Tejada 3B, SS SF

17-1 Jonny - David Aardsma RP SEA
    17-2 Ozzy
    17-3 Mike
    17-4 illram
    17-5 Fistandantilus
    17-6 Jdd
    17-7 EPW
    17-8 SlowwHand
    17-9 UR
    17-10 Guynemer
    17-11 Stuie
    17-12 MGuth
    17-13 Berz
    17-14 sanabas

Comment

• Originally posted by ur32212451 View Post
      I sent a note to Berz regarding replacing Lonnie Chisenall, my 13th round pick.

13-9 UR - Lonnie Chisenhall 3B, Cle Has been sent down to the minors. My replacement pick is Jose Tabata OF

From Cleveland Baseball News article: 3-18-2011:

"I think if you look back to last year, if he [Lonnie Chisenhall] was really that far ahead, then he would've been at Triple-A at some point last year," general manager Chris Antonetti told MLB.com.
      "He still had development left to do, where we felt he was best served developing at Double-A last year, and he needs some amount of Triple-A time. How much is going to be dependent upon a lot of things -- primarily on his development and secondly on our Major League need."
      if nobody objects, I dont mind cutting the newbie some slack

Comment

• yeeeeaaaaaa i dunno. I mean, likelihood of being sent back down is something you should think about before drafting a prospect. If you're new to the fantasy baseball thing though, I am OK with cutting that mistake some slack. But generally I would err on the side of not letting long ago picks change barring some sort of clerical error. Especially if the player being subbed in is someone that many others may be targeting in late rounds, or this round. For example, if that player was on an owner's list of possible late round OFers (and he may have been on many, Tabata has some value) and that owner saw that name off the board that round, that owner may have changed their draft strategy.

I am new to this league (not new to fantasy though) so I will defer to this league's veterans as to how you guys usually handle this.

Comment

• we allow swaps for injuries but never had someone swap an na or prospect for being sent down, but I'll count that as an objection

sorry UR, you're stuck with Chisenhall until the waiver wire opens

Tabata is still available

Comment

• well now i feel bad! sorry ur.

Comment

• Don't feel bad. UR is a newb on Poly, but not to fantasy baseball.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• me too, oh well... but those are the rules and I shouldn't have put others in the position of asking they be enforced

the best I can do for ya UR is trade my next pick for Chisenhall, let me know... If I dont get hit with a bunch of dls I might just keep him until he is active

Comment

• If you look back, I pointed out the Chisenhall was NA as far as Yahoo was concerned and Berz responded to my point. I should have been more specific that he had been sent to the minors. Berz stated that it was OK to draft an NA player.... So I have to agree with him. But anyone should be able to switch out any player anywhere along the line if they want to - so volley back to UR.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    Don't feel bad. UR is a newb on Poly, but not to fantasy baseball.
                    his trophy case at yahoo is a dead giveaway

Comment

• Originally posted by mguth View Post
                      If you look back, I pointed out the Chisenhall was NA as far as Yahoo was concerned and Berz responded to my point. I should have been more specific that he had been sent to the minors. Berz stated that it was OK to draft an NA player.... So I have to agree with him. But anyone should be able to switch out any player anywhere along the line if they want to - so volley back to UR.
                      we allow swaps for injuries and unwanted bapays (up to 1 round after the fact), never allowed them for players failing to make the team. But we never dealt with it before either, I've taken nas, even nas who got sent down before April, and I usually hang onto them unless injuries forces me to drop them before they got promoted. I think those are the same rules we use at FFZ...

Comment

• I don't care what we do other than to move forward. We have not had a pick in 5 hours.....

Comment

• I'm with mguth! BAPAY!
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• 17-1 Jonny - David Aardsma RP SEA
                            17-2 Ozzy - Adam LaRoche 1B WAS
                            17-3 Mike
                            17-4 illram
                            17-5 Fistandantilus
                            17-6 Jdd
                            17-7 EPW
                            17-8 SlowwHand
                            17-9 UR
                            17-10 Guynemer
                            17-11 Stuie
                            17-12 MGuth
                            17-13 Berz
                            17-14 sanabas
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• From my outside perspective, sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong, FWIW and IMHO:
                              This shouldn't even be a discussion. A card laid is a card played.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I just got back Back. I hope you guys are not holding up the draft because of my request to replace Chisenall with Tabata. heck with that, it was just a request and NO! is a perfectly acceptable answer. I'll replace him after the draft. I just thought that replacing my 13th round pick with a 17th round player was no big deal to you guys, that my real loss was not getting better players in rounds 13, 14 ,15 , & 16 because of my pick in round 13. But I'm okay with this. I feel bad if I somehow held the draft up, and if so, I truly apologize for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X