Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm changing my pick to Darren Sproles
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
      Top 3 teams, so far, IMO:
      1. OzzyKP
      2. Al B. Sure! (assuming Favre plays)
      3. Imran
      Imran i'll agree with - the other two I don't like as much, Favre or no Favre. I think your team, Imran's, and possibly Jaguar's are the top three (not considering my own team in the equation). All three have significant potential issues, though (as does everyone's). I don't see a single team that's just WTFamazing this year.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Anyone around now want to submit a list just in case you aren't here between 1 pm PST and 5 pm PST and spaced makes a pick?
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
          Imran i'll agree with - the other two I don't like as much, Favre or no Favre. I think your team, Imran's, and possibly Jaguar's are the top three (not considering my own team in the equation). All three have significant potential issues, though (as does everyone's). I don't see a single team that's just WTFamazing this year.
          Imran's team is nothing BUT potential issues.

Comment

• Imran's team will do well if he gets his expected performance from Flacco (top-6 QB) and Beanie Wells gets 1300 yards and 8 TDs or so. Both are pretty big risks. His WRs are totally fine - either Maclin or Garcon, if not both, will likely pan out, and that's on top of Smith NYG who'll be fine, and S. Moss (the latter of which I don't like much, but will be at least okay).

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
              Imran's team will do well if he gets his expected performance from Flacco (top-6 QB) and Beanie Wells gets 1300 yards and 8 TDs or so. Both are pretty big risks. His WRs are totally fine - either Maclin or Garcon, if not both, will likely pan out, and that's on top of Smith NYG who'll be fine, and S. Moss (the latter of which I don't like much, but will be at least okay).
              I just feel that his potential upside is limited in every position and with the exception of Beanie. Every pick is just meh. Maybe fantasy football is won with consistent above mediocre performances, but his team is so boring and conservative.

Comment

• Imran, every year, succeeds with depth picks - Garcon, Maclin, etc. His top picks are either highly conservative or just a bit odd - Flacco, and the early TE - but his picks in rounds 6-11 are where he'll do well, based on prior history. His timing seems to be better than mine (at least) in terms of when to grab people - I wish I'd left a WR slot open to grab Garcon with, but I didn't, and so I couldn't afford to take him when Imran did, for example.

His big problem this year is the RB slot - he has one solid RB and one question mark with upside, and nothing else; not even a backup at this point. Maybe he'll find a diamond in the rough, and maybe he won't need it - but right now that's the biggest issue. Flacco probably is secondary to that; he's unlikely to totally suck, even if he doesn't quite do top 6 performance.

Comment

• Yes, the back up RB is a massive issue. Was hoping that Arian Foster would be able to slip, but Jaguar grabbed him. Have to decide at the end of the draft if Maclin was worth it (Foster was #2 on the list then).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Flash has what I think is the best team. Kevin Kolb is the only real question mark but he'll probably do fine. To combine AP, Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Marshall is insane.

I highly disagree with Jaguar being in the top 3... what are you seeing, snoopy? Why is everyone so high on Kansas City? Did everybody see the same games that I saw? There is nothing good about that team. Matt Cassel is a mediocre QB and that offensive line can not protect him worth a damn. Dwayne Bowe has never proved that he can be a top receiver. Jamaal Charles is fast but too little to be an every-down back.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Personally I think Berz has the best team.

McNabb
                      MJD
                      Addai
                      Grant
                      Welker
                      Mason
                      Davis
                      Jets Def

He's by far the most solid in his RBs. He's got a decent TE. The question marks are McNabb and Welker.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Jaguar's team is strong because it starts with Peyton, and Jamaal and Forte should be good in PPR this year - even if Jamaal doesn't get a ton of yards on the ground, he'll get enough passes to make up for it. Jennings and Bowe are a fine combo at WR, and even if Bowe does poorly Housh is a good third choice.

I don't like Berz' team because I think McNabb is not likely to do all that much, he's possibly the weakest starting QB in the league; Addai doesn't impress me, Grant isn't all that exciting, and Welker/Mason are not a great WR combo. NYJ DEF is really the only position I like of his...

Comment

• You don't like MJD?

He's actually got an average quality QB. Better than 6 teams, including Eli.

I'd rate McNabb above Eli, Campbell (Favre is done), Palmer, Kolb, Sweet baby Cutler and Flacco.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Ozzy has the best team.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• He's had only one weak pick I can see, Hakeem Nicks. There were better options available to him if he were looking for a number 2 WR.

Comment

• Mcnabb is not going to be better than any of those folks except Campbell and maybe Eli. WAS just doesn't have the WRs to make him that good.

I like MJD fine, but you need two or three RBs, and I don't like any of his other RBs.

I don't like Ozzy's RBs at all. His QB and #1 WR are fine, but after that his team's just not that good. Benson and Williams are both medium-potential low-floor guys, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X