Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before We Get Too Far In To College Football...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ming
    replied
    Of course, I'd never let my son/daughter go to Miami, so ...
    Wait until you have children...

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    I could never cheer for Miami, even if my son/daughter were going to Miami.

Of course, I'd never let my son/daughter go to Miami, so ...

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    It really is weird cheering for Miami... At least the other night, it felt "right" because they were playing another one of the three... and WON!

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    So this too shall pass?

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by rah View Post
    I am a tortured Illini fan.

After that, it's more who I want to see lose the most.
    Michigan, unless they're playing Notre Dame.
    Notre Dame unless they're playing one of the semi-pro teams in FLORIDA
    USC whenever.
    I used to feel exactly the same... but now, since my daughter goes to school at one of those semi-pro teams schools in Florida (University of Miami) I now have to support them. It feels strange, but after three years, it's almost starting to seem ok

Leave a comment:

• David Floyd
    replied
    University of Texas, of course.

Outside of that, I too like the BCS busters - BYU, Boise St, Utah, and TCU especially. The year Hawaii made it (2006?) I was rooting for them, although they didn't have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Florida was just led by Spurrier, who, while being a jerk, seemed to run a fairly clean program.

Leave a comment:

• DanS
    replied
    I've not known Florida to be a thug team. Florida State is worse, but not bad. Miami is Thug U, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Tuberski
    replied
    BYU, Utah and Boise State, since they are all regional to where I grew up.

ACK!

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    I'm on-board that anti-Florida teams train. Bunch of punk hoodlums.

Leave a comment:

• Guynemer
    replied
    Michigan, obviously. Grew up in Detroit, went to many games as a kid, lived in Ann Arbor for eight years, went to every home game as an undergrad, including that amazing, once-in-a-lifetime 1997 season. Rich Rod or no, I'm with Michigan for the long haul.

Beyond that, always pulling for the underdog. Generally root for Big Ten teams to win (including OSU), except when they're going against the little guy (like Navy). And always, always, always root against the evil three teams from Florida, as every right-thinking American should.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    I always root for: Illinois (went there), Wisconsin and Northwestern.
    As if that doesn't make it obvious, I tend to root for underdogs.

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    Hmm. Michigan, though i'm rather less a fan now under RR than I was in the past [not a fan of his style nor his ethics]; Illinois (groan); to a lesser extent Mountain West and WAC teams [grew up near NMSU, though their ability to go 0-11 or 0-12 or whatever year in and year out means I have no fear of having to actually see a game on TV]. California and Oregon State if I have to watch PAC-10 games. Whomever is playing ND or The OSU.

Leave a comment:

• Supr49er
    replied
    Cal Poly Mustangs.

As for Division I, Stanford.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    My hated pro teams outnumber my rooting for teams as well. Clearly I'm filled with hate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X