Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before We Get Too Far In To College Football...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before We Get Too Far In To College Football...

I want to know what are the team(s) that you want to win. I want documented proof.
    AS ALWAYS, I cheer for Texas Tech and University of Texas.
    I certainly may have preferences in games about who I want to win, but as far as being a fan, I think I'm on record as consistently cheering for these two.

How about you?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Arkansas!

to a lesser degree, Ok State and Vanderbilt (someone has to)

Comment

Generally I only root against teams, but I have a slight fondness for Oklahoma State this year. Possibly from watching too many Barry Sanders highlights over the summer.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I went to Rutgers and root for them, but usually am given little to root for (until the last few years).

I have soft spot for Southern Cal because I like Pete Carroll and the type of offense he runs. Also, since Urban Meyer has gone to Florida, I've been cheering for them in the SEC; basically to show up all those ignorant asses who said Meyer's crap offense won't work in the SEC (I hate the SEC chest beaters).

I tend to cheer for mid major underdogs to disrupt the BCS, so I always wish the best for Boise St, Utah, BYU when they have chance to mess up the system.

And anyone who plays against Notre Dame that week.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

My loyalties lie with Notre Dame. Because of this, I follow USC with some interest -- but with little positive feeling.

Some other teams that I follow from time to time are Georgia Tech (Paul Johnson), Navy, Ohio State (home town school) and Michigan.

I dislike Miami.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I am a tortured Illini fan.

After that, it's more who I want to see lose the most.
            Michigan, unless they're playing Notre Dame.
            Notre Dame unless they're playing one of the semi-pro teams in FLORIDA
            USC whenever.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The watchwords for college football fans seem to be "Embrace the hate"
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

My hated pro teams outnumber my rooting for teams as well. Clearly I'm filled with hate.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Cal Poly Mustangs.

As for Division I, Stanford.
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Hmm. Michigan, though i'm rather less a fan now under RR than I was in the past [not a fan of his style nor his ethics]; Illinois (groan); to a lesser extent Mountain West and WAC teams [grew up near NMSU, though their ability to go 0-11 or 0-12 or whatever year in and year out means I have no fear of having to actually see a game on TV]. California and Oregon State if I have to watch PAC-10 games. Whomever is playing ND or The OSU.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I always root for: Illinois (went there), Wisconsin and Northwestern.
                      As if that doesn't make it obvious, I tend to root for underdogs.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Michigan, obviously. Grew up in Detroit, went to many games as a kid, lived in Ann Arbor for eight years, went to every home game as an undergrad, including that amazing, once-in-a-lifetime 1997 season. Rich Rod or no, I'm with Michigan for the long haul.

Beyond that, always pulling for the underdog. Generally root for Big Ten teams to win (including OSU), except when they're going against the little guy (like Navy). And always, always, always root against the evil three teams from Florida, as every right-thinking American should.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm on-board that anti-Florida teams train. Bunch of punk hoodlums.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

BYU, Utah and Boise State, since they are all regional to where I grew up.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I've not known Florida to be a thug team. Florida State is worse, but not bad. Miami is Thug U, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X