No announcement yet.

NHL Auction league--Sign-up and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best in class Yahoo Mail, breaking local, national and global news, finance, sports, music, movies... You get more out of the web, you get more out of life.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Krill, set your roster. This is getting stupid.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Henrik for 10 and Daniel for 28, and Asher got Daniel?

and now Henrik seems like even a better bargain
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Sorry, I missed that Krill hadn't set a roster - I'm the commissioner of the league so I could set it if needed, next time PM me
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• OK, I set his top 12 players to active. Krill, you still can and should make moves as usual here, I just put your players to active so you'll get credit for their actions.

Comment

• Weird week in auction for me thus far

My opponent has a shutout without a win and has only scored 1 goal thus far yet leads me in G and PPG as my team is goal-less so far-- I know some key guys haven't played much but COME ON- ZERO GOALS???? I expect better this evening--

THe only burning question for my auction team is how long I believe in Tanguay-- he and Lecavalier have not clicked at all but word is if he gets demoted he will just go down with Stamkos so its not a bad spot. The problem is that there is still a lot of free agent talent out there. Quite tempting actually
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Weird indeed... can't tell you how much that annoys me, that Nabokov had a shutout loss

Comment

• I'm in the same boat with Tanguay. Itching to ditch him, but as soon as I do he'll get a 5pt game.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                    Weird indeed... can't tell you how much that annoys me, that Nabokov had a shutout loss
                    Its a pretty rare thing LOL-- Sv% may be tough for me to catch you on although my auction keepers are having a good week too-- My big hope is for Washington and SanJose to get into a crazy 6-5 or 7-6 game and wreck your sv% LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      I'm in the same boat with Tanguay. Itching to ditch him, but as soon as I do he'll get a 5pt game.

Well it seems you are already doing a fair bit of ditching . I see you have 7 moves already which surprised me since in auction you should have been able to get the fringe/borderline players you wanted. Buuut I do recall you saying you felt unprepared so perhaps thats it

I do like the Craig Anderson pickup-- I would have gotten him myself if I didn't already have Ward, Miller, Mason

I was a little surprised to see you pick up Smyth and jettison Whitney though.

On my end I haven't really made any moves yet. My only transactions so far were to try to fill in for Hossa-- But my patience with Tanguay is waning

Comment

• Oh and i will say that this week looks like it is shaping up as a much closer one than last week. I don't recall ever seeing a more lopsided week-- Heck we had two 8-0s and a 7-1. Only asher had a close match. But this week it seems everyone has a reasonably close match

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                          Well it seems you are already doing a fair bit of ditching . I see you have 7 moves already which surprised me since in auction you should have been able to get the fringe/borderline players you wanted. Buuut I do recall you saying you felt unprepared so perhaps thats it

I do like the Craig Anderson pickup-- I would have gotten him myself if I didn't already have Ward, Miller, Mason

I was a little surprised to see you pick up Smyth and jettison Whitney though.

On my end I haven't really made any moves yet. My only transactions so far were to try to fill in for Hossa-- But my patience with Tanguay is waning
                          Smyth is a PP stud on a surprisingly talented LA team. Already got me 3 PPP in 2 games, I think.

Ray Whitney -- until last night -- has been nothing.

Comment

• Benched Brodeur on the off-chance he ruined my sv% stats...and he got a shutout.

Comment

• I hate those goalie choices.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                                I hate those goalie choices.
                                Me too

I tend to want to play my keepers but there are times when it seems prudent to sit them

Vancouver just scored (making sv % safer I think,) so I chould get a 5-2-1 this week-- The only way for me to do better is for Niedermeyer to get a PPA

Comment

Working...
                                X