X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Amazing! Thanks Ming!

@ Coldwiz - you retired Jaguar you bastard!

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied

But I still didn't win IDP 2014 Championship and it was still Jaguar that was victorious in his retirement game.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Great job updating bro.
    Nice to see all the new additions.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Great anticipation, Ming.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Sigh... all the work I did on the HOF in February is lost. Two years worth of updates, gone.

The Good News... anticipating some event like this, I have all the posts formatted in a spread sheet ready to be put back. And, I even saved all the avatars onto my computer so that won't even be an issue.

The Bad News... It will probably take 3 to 4 hours of straight work to recreate what was lost. Fortunately, I saved all the results from the three NCAA events that I hadn't added yet.

Hopefully, I can start the process in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to wait a little bit just in case he finds a way to forums back.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    A FYI from the thread I started just so it stays around after the thread drops like a rock...

Just a simple update on the rules concerning Fantasy Leagues threads...

After much discussion, the management doesn't have a problem with a fantasy league having both a discussion thread and a draft thread.
    We all understand the need to keep draft threads clear of discussions that will disrupt the actual drafts. If a Commish of a league see's a need for having a separate thread, the Commish of the league is free to start a discussion thread for his league.

Some have raised concerns of "Fantasy League" clutter, but frankly, this is only a minor concern during the actual drafts. After the drafts are over, the draft threads will drop, and the single league discussion thread will continue. And as always in the past, each sports challenge, whether it's the Lombardi pick em, Yahoo Golf, College Football pick em or whatever are always welcome to their own thread on top of the regular general individual sports threads.

In addition, we also don't have a problem with the "generic" Fantasy football thread for those to discuss fantasy in general outside the focus of any individual league.

And as always, we welcome any CIVIL input on the rules of this site.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... A simple reminder of a rule that will NOT change...

If you have a problem with a mod, take it up with them via PM... Or Contact the Forum Administrator (ME) or the Owner of this site... again, VIA PM.

Do NOT start insulting threads, or rant and rave in the threads. We will not tolerate those kind of childish actions.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    That whole thing was weird and out of the blue.
    No kidding! I was shocked. Usually it's just "pick a thread guys", and we all go shuffle over to the Berz thread.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    That whole thing was weird and out of the blue. Traditionally, each FF league has a draft thread and a draft discussion thread. During the season, FF discussion for all leagues tends to go in the 2012 Berz thread -- which BTW, was organizational originally -- while the draft-related threads drift to the bottom of the page. At the same time, an NFL season thread is created to separate fantasy from actual NFL football discussions.

Apparently, what with pervasive broadband, massive memory, and fast computers everywhere, the concept of "server load" is no longer a consideration in administering a forum. What a wonderful world!

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    You're right. We have to think of all the forum members and not just the ones involved in the fantasy football. I was being selfish.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    A see no reason why there can't be a general thread and a second thread with a genuine subtopic of interest
    People will get confused, Coldwizard. There will be mass hysteria. Cats and dogs living together.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    A see no reason why there can't be a general thread and a second thread with a genuine subtopic of interest.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    On the bright side, he didn't go so far as to delete it so posts can be quoted at least. Small consolation.
    Perhaps a helpful moderator can come along, unlock the new thread and lock/retire the old thread.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Why not merge the thread? Why not post, "Hey guyz, pick a thread?"
    Laziness? Well no, then he would have left it alone. Jackassery? Everyone is susceptible to that, so maybe.

We're reasonable folks.
    Reasonable? This is Apolyton.

Imran took the time to post in the thread, but locked it so we lose the thread of the conversation. Also annoying when I'm trying to coordinate with Slowwy and a couple folks over their lists, and BOOM, locked.
    On the bright side, he didn't go so far as to delete it so posts can be quoted at least. Small consolation.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Ben, Ben, Ben. Clearly the forum is floundering with all the threads of various sports and sports games threads. There just can't be extraneous tangential threads. If it was allowed for Fantasy Football, it would have to be allowed for all the other sports too. You can see how it would become even more difficult to follow a thread in an age of bookmarks and forum subscription features. Please, be reasonable.
    Why not merge the thread? Why not post, "Hey guyz, pick a thread?"

We're reasonable folks.

Imran took the time to post in the thread, but locked it so we lose the thread of the conversation. Also annoying when I'm trying to coordinate with Slowwy and a couple folks over their lists, and BOOM, locked.

The other thread is a 120+ plus page thread from 2012. Time to retire it.

Leave a comment:

• ColdWizard
    replied
    Ben, Ben, Ben. Clearly the forum is floundering with all the threads of various sports and sports games threads. There just can't be extraneous tangential threads. If it was allowed for Fantasy Football, it would have to be allowed for all the other sports too. You can see how it would become even more difficult to follow a thread in an age of bookmarks and forum subscription features. Please, be reasonable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X