Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn. Will we see the Yanks now? Do they really only sing when they're drawing (at least)?

Comment

• GGGGGGOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
        Damn. Will we see the Yanks now? Do they really only sing when they're drawing (at least)?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Welcome Ozzy.

Maybe if your boys start creating chances now they might deserve to win, but so far they haven't been very good.

Comment

• They've been pretty good in the second half so far after a crappy start.

Comment

• True, is Bradley known for his rollicking half-time chats? Looks like extra time now, because Ghana haven't created much, but you'll probably nick it in the last minutes (again).

Comment

• We love our drama!

Its not just about winning, it is about winning in the most dramatic fashion, so as to make the best movie out of it possible, which will build the sport here in the US and result in far more competitive teams in years to come. It is all part of a our long term strategy for world domination.

Comment

• What's American for 'extra time'?

Comment

• My money would be on the US from here. They turned it round well in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                      What's American for 'extra time'?
                      Overtime.

And on ESPN the English commentator was talking about Herculez Gomez and how his first name ended in a "zed". The American commentator made fun of him.

Comment

• Wow. 2-1 Ghana. What a strike.

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

Comment

• Ok, so it said on the screen two 15 minute periods, no golden goal. What is a golden goal?

Comment

• The golden goal, now defunct, was basically "first goal wins it". It was a bit crap really. Very anti-climactic.

Comment

• While goals are always good (except when scored by Bolton or anyone playing Newcastle), it was a bit rubbish if a team down to 9 men scored in the first minute of extra time and won, when they didn't deserve to, and would have been mullahed by 30 minutes.

Looks like it may be timewasting here, of which I am not a fan. Note that, England in the last ten minutes against Slovenia! Boo!

Comment

Working...
                                X