No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 08/09: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, okay, league is set up. I tried to use Yahoo! defaults, or close to that. I apparently have to have your email address to invite you ... can everyone PM me your email, or post it here? Some of you I know but some I don't know (or don't know your preferred address, I could always look up the poly one I guess but i'd rather not).
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Okay, I have some of you in (4/10 atm including me).

Check out the settings ... I'm not 100% sure we'll be able to use them, because in theory auction only works for the 'standard settings'. It seems to let me do it anyway, so hopefully that information is outdated, but there's a chance it will be forced into the standard settings. We'll find that out later, I guess. Please comment on the settings of course

Comment

• My biggest concern is that -- at work anyway

"Your system is not currently compatible with our auction draft software"

It passes two flash tests and then fails of 'testing connection status"-- its probably some of our security measures that block IM programs -- I'll test it from home to see how I fare

Settings--

1. Rosters I am not certain why there are two additional forwards-- do they play (ie you can play 8 forwards ON your roster-)

2. Why are there maximum games for goalies (7 or 8) and other players or a maximum number of goalies-?- I'm mostly wondering about the goalies game maximum-- why shouldn't a player be allowed more games if they make the strategic decision to carry more goalies

3. Categories -- you have last years except you have GAA instead of shutouts-- Conscious decision, shutouts not available, or a simple mistake?

Oh and if ESPN has resrictions on play that we don't like, I don't see any reason why we couldn't use their tools for the auction and then form our league wherever we want with the players we selected. It might be a little bit of pain to bring the data over but better a little pain early than playing all year in a bad environment (I have no idea yet if I will like this ESPN site better or worse than yahoo but I will fool around with it to see)
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• PM sent to snoopy.

I'll echo Flubber with this:
          I don't see any reason why we couldn't use their tools for the auction and then form our league wherever we want with the players we selected.

and add that I'd be for doing this anyway, unless ESPN has different stats that people want to use (I personally like the ones we had from last year, but I'm not married to them). I like the Yahoo interface and Stat Tracker thingy.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Hmm, we certainly could do that I suppose. It's free anyway

Kontiki, I haven't seen your PM yet.

Comment

• Yahoo league is set up. Invites sent to last years managers. If you are new, go to
              'http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/ahl_apolytonhockey'

password is 'ming'

I set the draft to Sat, Sept 27 at 4PM Eastern as an initial value. I'll go back and check everyone's availablility and adjust if needed, or people request it.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Kontiki, I haven't seen your PM yet.
                Odd. Resent.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

What about asking over at FFZ (or similar) if anyone wants to join up?
                  I suggest doing so now.

We could use quite a few managers.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• So what all is new with Yahoo?

I see they have Keepers players now if we wish...anything else?

And do we want some Keepers?
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Is 11am EDT late enough??
                      That's 9am on a Sunday morning.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• Important Draft Information

Just looking at things for a draft for Yahoo.

Kontiki is gone Sept 15 to 30, and live drafts must be done the 28th or earlier for scoring in week 1 anyway.

Guy is gone the 10th to 14th.

We have to do the live draft this Sunday (the 7th). We would need to make allowances for snoopy.

What times could you do a draft this Sunday, snoopy?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                          So what all is new with Yahoo?

I see they have Keepers players now if we wish...anything else?

And do we want some Keepers?
                          With the turnover we have, I'd say no. It isn't suited to this sort of casual league.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• Re: Important Draft Information

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            Just looking at things for a draft for Yahoo.

Kontiki is gone Sept 15 to 30, and live drafts must be done the 28th or earlier for scoring in week 1 anyway.

Guy is gone the 10th to 14th.

We have to do the live draft this Sunday (the 7th). We would need to make allowances for snoopy.

What times could you do a draft this Sunday, snoopy?
                            Wooo, the Sunday I'm moving the SO to Waterloo for the new term...
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Oh damn.

What times work for you?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• As long as it's not in the evening I can make it work.

Comment

Working...
                                X