• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Jacksonville, Carolina (1995)
    Seattle, Tampa Bay (1976)
    Saints (1967)
    Falcons, Dolphiins (1966)

I think we can stop here.
    You do realize the Houston Texas came into the league in 2002, right?

Checkout the Houston Texans Records, Top 12 Leaders, League Ranks, history and more on Pro-Football-Reference.com

This is where we say... PWNED.

(Oh, and before that the Cleveland Browns were resurrected in 1999)
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Um... slowwhead?

Where am I counting Tennessee and Houston twice?

And I flit from side to side?!! Pot. Kettle. Black.

but you are comparing them to the AFC South, you know, with Indianapolis, Tennessee, JACKSONVILLE, and HOUSTON?
      Keep being insulting. If I'm not comprehending you, it's not all my fault. This certainly reads like "Tennessee and Houston".
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Keep being insulting. If I'm not comprehending you, it's not all my fault. This certainly reads like "Tennessee and Houston".

Let's all point and laugh at Slow since he doesn't realize that Houston Texans are a separate team!!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Yeah, that's my fault.

It still doesn't have anything to do with what division is traditionally one of, if not the, strongest.
          Last edited by SlowwHand; December 25, 2007, 19:57.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

It still doesn't have anything to do with what division is traditionally one of, if not the, strongest.
            The new divisions have come into play since 2002. So your comparison has to start from there (so no bringing the good ole days with the Cardinals in ). Especially when the division we are arguing about didn't have all of its teams until 2002.

So, year in, year out, I think I could make an argument that AFC South has been better than the NFC East.

If you really want to look at "tradition" and "history", I don't think the NFC East can beat the historical prowess of the NFC North, with the Monsters of the Midway Bears, Lombardi's Packers, the Bud Grant Purple People Eater Vikings, and the Bobby Layne Detroit Lions.

Comment

• Imran, I'm not arguing with you about this any more.
              If you want to penalize teams that have been around decades strictly because they've been around decades, go ahead.
              Time should stop for the rest of the league until the expansion teams have been around 50 years or more?
              Whatever you think, buddy. Go with it.

Comment

• I think you can make a case that anything that started in 2002 can't be described by the term "traditional."

Weird to see Imran noting pre-merger teams like Layne's Lions and the Monsters of the Midway. Those assemblages predate the Cowboys.

Personally, I think the toughest division is a year-to-year thing.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well, Sloww loved to use the term "year-in, year-out" and then switched to traditional when it was apparent, we'd challenge him.

Weird to see Imran noting pre-merger teams like Layne's Lions and the Monsters of the Midway. Those assemblages predate the Cowboys.

That was done on purpose.

Comment

• From an inconveniently closed thread:

Deviations - John (?) okay, who is that?

Me.
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Um... slowwhead?

Where am I counting Tennessee and Houston twice?

And I flit from side to side?!! Pot. Kettle. Black.
                      I'm fairly sure he meant they play them twice each, but don't quote me on that.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• For pure hatred rivalries, nothing compares to the Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos triumvirate. They aren't rivals, they hate each other.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
                          Deviations - John (?) okay, who is that?

Me.
                          Fixed.

I'm fairly sure he meant they play them twice each, but don't quote me on that.

I don't think so... because both Tennessee and Houston have been decent squads this year. And in the last ten years or so, Tennessee has been a good to decent team aside from a two year run from 04-05.

Comment

• Results from the third league, btw:

Regular season:
                            *1. Jahks 12-2-0 .857 2577.96
                            *2. Hillenmeyer Hillsmen 8-6-0 .571 2619.14
                            *3. Sparta FC 7-7-0 .500 2439.30
                            *4. Grindhouse Gramps 6-8-0 .429 2304.30
                            5. Dallas Dwarf Tossers 5-9-0 .357 2518.45
                            6. Madhatter 4-10-0 .286 2189.96

Playoffs:
                            1st round:
                            Grindhouse Gramps 107.88
                            Jahks 157.29

Sparta FC 173.81
                            Hillenmeyer Hillsmen 179.08

Final round:
                            Hillenmeyer Hillsmen 179.36
                            Jahks 157.92

Madhatter 166.51
                            Dallas Dwarf Tossers 158.18

Sparta FC 174.88
                            Grindhouse Gramps 160.26

Final standings:
                            *1. Hillenmeyer Hillsmen
                            *2. Jahks
                            *3. Sparta FC
                            *4. Grindhouse Gramps
                            5. Madhatter
                            6. Dallas Dwarf Tossers

Managers:
                            Dallas Dwarf Tossers - SlowwHand
                            Grindhouse Gramps - Grandpa Troll
                            Hillenmeyer Hillsmen - Snoopy369
                            Jahks - Koyaanisqatsi
                            Madhatter - MrsTroll
                            Sparta FC - Stuie
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                              For pure hatred rivalries, nothing compares to the Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos triumvirate. They aren't rivals, they hate each other.

ACK!
                              umm, did ya'll catch the love Phillip Rivers and Jay Cutler have for one another?
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Good deal.

Washington can still make the playoffs. NFC East already has 2 in. Toughest division, year in and year out, in the NFL.
                                I finally give up on the Skins, and stop following their games, and they win 3 in a row, using mainly
                                2nd stringers. Duh, its been a strange year.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X