X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Avalon
    replied
    Well, he did say "typical blonde slut." Isn't bleached implied?

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    "Blonde"??

Look at the roots in that photo.

Leave a comment:

• Dis
    replied
    face isn't bad. Typical blonde slut type of face. too much eye shadow though.

Leave a comment:

• Lord Avalon
    replied
    From the game:

Nice bod, but I don't particularly like her face.

However, perhaps I haven't seen her from the right perspective (looking down at the top of her head).

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dis
    replied
    Syndicated news and opinion website providing continuously updated headlines to top news and analysis sources.

Yeah TO was kidding about Jessica, but I feel we need some pics to fully understand the nature of the problem.

hmm, well I'm having trouble finding hot pics of Jessica. She's just not my type of babe.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    There's a lag of maybe 3-5 minutes on local broadcast, so that part isn't actually "simulcast".

Leave a comment:

• Lord Avalon
    replied
    Senators threaten to reconsider antitrust exemption over cable dispute

WASHINGTON -- Two members of the Senate Judiciary Committee sent a letter to the NFL on Wednesday threatening to reconsider the league's antitrust exemption if it doesn't make games on the NFL Network available to more viewers.

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., and Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., expressed concern that many fans in their home states will not be able to see games on the channel involving the New England Patriots or the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Leahy is the committee's chairman, and Specter is its ranking member.

"Now that the NFL is adopting strategies to limit distribution of game programming to their own networks," they wrote, "Congress may need to reexamine the need and desirability of their continued exemption from the Nation's antitrust laws."

Eight games air this season on the NFL Network, which is available in fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with televisions. The league has been feuding with several major cable companies over whether they should carry the channel as part of a basic package.

Games are simulcast on free TV locally for each team, but that doesn't include regional markets such as Vermont for the Patriots or parts of Pennsylvania for the Steelers. NFL officials have repeatedly said they will not agree to any distribution arrangement that only involves games and not year-round broadcast of the channel.
    Two members of the Senate Judiciary Committee sent a letter to the NFL threatening to reconsider the league's antitrust exemption if it doesn't make games on the NFL Network available to more viewers.

In other news Mr. Horsecollar Tackle himself, Roy Williams, lost his appeal and is still suspended for Saturday's game for a third infraction.

And TO was just kidding about Jessica.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    What? Sproles is credited for the yards he gains... at least in every single statistics page.
    Yes, but you'd hardly say that Sproles is the better Running back, even though he has more yards. Tomlinson started the game and ran for 120 before Sproles came in. As much as I like Sproles (which is quite alot), I don't think he would run for 120 without Tomlinson. The reason why they put Sproles in is that Tomlinson would be fresh for later games in the season.

Like Jag said, it's easier to run better when you are fresh and splitting carries between running backs means they are less tired then if they carry the load alone.

All this doesn't diminish that Taylor does have more yards than Addai and only about 35 less carries (which is less than 3 carries a year fewer).
    Couple things here. Addai isn't the focus of the Indy offense, it's Peyton Manning. Indy runs the ball much less then the Jags who rely upon the run. This is why Fred only has 3 carries a game fewer then Addai.

If MJD does the "heavy lifting", why does MJD have fewer carries? And fewer yards?
    Short downs are much harder on running backs then first and 10.

Oh, and MJD has a yards per carry of 4.6. Which isn't as good as Taylor, but 0.5 yards per carry better than Addai.
    Which raises another question, is it Fred Taylor who is having a career year or the line?

So are saying that Taylor doesn't excel in those situations? I'm sure if he had the explosive supporting cast offense Addai does
    It's been a fixture through his career, and why they got Jones-Drew in the first place.

IMO, the best pro bowl argument for Fred Taylor is that the man has 10k and has never been to the pro bowl before. It's unlikely he is going to have a season like this again.

Leave a comment:

• Jaguar
    replied
    Taylor is more deserving than Parker, though. Perhaps Addai, but not as obviously. I have no idea why you're continuing to attack the player who's actually playing pretty well, instead of the one who has no business being in the Pro Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    I think the stats, regardless of how you wish to cherrypick them, shows Taylor to be more deserving. Unfortunately, he plays for Jacksonville.

Leave a comment:

• Jaguar
    replied
    More receptions on more passes, and with fewer yards.

You're just messing around cherrypicking stats.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaguar
    The real point about Taylor being in a committee (unlike Addai or Parker) is that it's easier to run when you're not tired out and the defense is. Taylor gets to trade carries with MJD. If you look at the league leaders in yards per carry, it's guys like Jerious Norwood or Marion Barber who get to trade off with someone else.
    As I've pointed out, Taylor only has like 35 fewer carries than Addai this season.

And Norwood doesn't rush enough to lead in ypc. AP may "share" carries, but for most of the year he didn't. Neither did Ronnie Brown was he was healthy. Or Ryan Grant. Or LT.

Actually one thing I wonder is why was Addai chosen over McGahee. McGahee has a 4.1 ypc as well and more receptions.

Leave a comment:

• Koyaanisqatsi
    replied
    I didn't say things couldn't be worse......

Leave a comment:

• Lord Avalon
    replied
    Don't feel too bad for Welker - he was traded to the Pats from the cheapskate Dolphins (who didn't want to pay him what he got).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X