X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koyaanisqatsi
    replied
    From an inconveniently closed thread:

Deviations - John (?) okay, who is that?

Me.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Well, Sloww loved to use the term "year-in, year-out" and then switched to traditional when it was apparent, we'd challenge him.

Weird to see Imran noting pre-merger teams like Layne's Lions and the Monsters of the Midway. Those assemblages predate the Cowboys.

That was done on purpose.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    I think you can make a case that anything that started in 2002 can't be described by the term "traditional."

Weird to see Imran noting pre-merger teams like Layne's Lions and the Monsters of the Midway. Those assemblages predate the Cowboys.

Personally, I think the toughest division is a year-to-year thing.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Imran, I'm not arguing with you about this any more.
    If you want to penalize teams that have been around decades strictly because they've been around decades, go ahead.
    Time should stop for the rest of the league until the expansion teams have been around 50 years or more?
    Whatever you think, buddy. Go with it.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowwHand
    It still doesn't have anything to do with what division is traditionally one of, if not the, strongest.
    The new divisions have come into play since 2002. So your comparison has to start from there (so no bringing the good ole days with the Cardinals in ). Especially when the division we are arguing about didn't have all of its teams until 2002.

So, year in, year out, I think I could make an argument that AFC South has been better than the NFC East.

If you really want to look at "tradition" and "history", I don't think the NFC East can beat the historical prowess of the NFC North, with the Monsters of the Midway Bears, Lombardi's Packers, the Bud Grant Purple People Eater Vikings, and the Bobby Layne Detroit Lions.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Yeah, that's my fault.

It still doesn't have anything to do with what division is traditionally one of, if not the, strongest.
    Last edited by SlowwHand; December 25, 2007, 19:57.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Keep being insulting. If I'm not comprehending you, it's not all my fault. This certainly reads like "Tennessee and Houston".

Let's all point and laugh at Slow since he doesn't realize that Houston Texans are a separate team!!

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Um... slowwhead?

Where am I counting Tennessee and Houston twice?

And I flit from side to side?!! Pot. Kettle. Black.

but you are comparing them to the AFC South, you know, with Indianapolis, Tennessee, JACKSONVILLE, and HOUSTON?
    Keep being insulting. If I'm not comprehending you, it's not all my fault. This certainly reads like "Tennessee and Houston".

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Jacksonville, Carolina (1995)
    Seattle, Tampa Bay (1976)
    Saints (1967)
    Falcons, Dolphiins (1966)

I think we can stop here.
    You do realize the Houston Texas came into the league in 2002, right?

Checkout the Houston Texans Records, Top 12 Leaders, League Ranks, history and more on Pro-Football-Reference.com

This is where we say... PWNED.

(Oh, and before that the Cleveland Browns were resurrected in 1999)

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Jacksonville, Carolina (1995)
    Seattle, Tampa Bay (1976)
    Saints (1967)
    Falcons, Dolphiins (1966)

I think we can stop here.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Um... slowwhead?

Where am I counting Tennessee and Houston twice?

And I flit from side to side?!! Pot. Kettle. Black.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    I misunderstood. I'm half at fault. You flit from side to side, subject to subject unclearly.

Other than that, you're counting Tennessee and Houston twice. No, that ain't gonna get it.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Cowboys, Redskins, Philly and Giants.

Two of the last four expansion teams? Excuse me?
    I realize your brain is quite slow, but you are comparing them to the AFC South, you know, with Indianapolis, Tennessee, JACKSONVILLE, and HOUSTON?

Hello McFly?

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Cowboys, Redskins, Philly and Giants.

Two of the last four expansion teams? Excuse me?

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jrabbit
    Sloww, let him cling to 2006, the only year I can remember when the NFC East was semi-soft.

Speaking of bad memories. In 2004, the NFC East had 3 (count 'em, THREE) 6-10 teams. In 2003, the NFC East's two bottom teams were 5-11 and 4-12. In 2001, when it was still 3 divisions, the NFC East only had ONE team over .500 (ie, the only division in football that had that few number of teams over .500).

So, try again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X