Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Dwarf Tossing Be An Olympic Event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Dwarf Tossing Be An Olympic Event?

I've been wanting to ask this for a long time, and discussion in O.T. made me decide. To Hell with it.
    I have to know what the people think about this subject.
    Not surprisingly, to people who comptete with me in fantasy sports leagues, I certanily vote a resounding "YES!".
    YES! It's long overdue.
    100.00%
    NO! In fact, I'm calling PETA right now.
    0.00%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Would you be so kind as to define "Dwarf"?

In addition, would these be female or male Dwarfs?

Mutated Dwarfs?

Just trying to support your cause sir Slowwhand
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

If posting invalid polls were an Olympic event, Sloww would win gold
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I was almost about to abstain, on the grounds that this poll is clearly invalid. But Sloww, you still score for ingenuity, so I voted yes
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Only if the Dwarves yell "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" as they are tossed.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

After the dwarf tossing league gets going, there should be a more advanced league of tossing Cowboys fans. They'll need some rusty razor-sharp spikes though.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

That was uncalled for, Cold Wizard.

Male or female dwarves. This is an equal opportunity competition. Anything else would be politically incorrect.
              Can't have that going on.

Dwarf, by my definition, is any "person" under 5' tall.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

super tolkien geek quibble, with Jew stuff thrown in for free

Originally posted by Arrian
                Only if the Dwarves yell "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" as they are tossed.

-Arrian
                That would be "barak khazad" "axes of the dwarves"

Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves"

I have no witty comments now about the Senator from Illinois, or the Israeli Defense Minister/Labour Party leader.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: super tolkien geek quibble, with Jew stuff thrown in for free

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves"

best........reply.......ever

Edit...in fact, that is sig material
                  Last edited by Asmodean; September 5, 2007, 13:56.
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    That was uncalled for, Cold Wizard.

Male or female dwarves. This is an equal opportunity competition. Anything else would be politically incorrect.
                    Can't have that going on.

Dwarf, by my definition, is any "person" under 5' tall.
                    Political incorrectness
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Re: super tolkien geek quibble, with Jew stuff thrown in for free

Originally posted by lord of the mark

That would be "barak khazad" "axes of the dwarves"

I have no witty comments now about the Senator from Illinois, or the Israeli Defense Minister/Labour Party leader.

Yeah, Barak Khazad. Oops! That's what I get for going from memory. I should've checked the encyclopedia of Arda first.

Axes of the Dwarves! The Dwarves are among you!

-Arrian

p.s. I was recently the best man at a Jewish wedding. Lots of baruks... maybe it just seeped into my brain. Ahhh! Insidious Joos!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Re: Re: super tolkien geek quibble, with Jew stuff thrown in for free

Originally posted by Arrian

Ahhh! Insidious Joos!

Luke, I - AM - YOUR - Father-in-Law - Mwuhaha!!!!!!!
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The Cantor was quite good, but didn't sound anything like James Earl Jones.

-Arrian

Comment

Do you know that dwarf tossing is actually illegal in France? A judge decided it was too demeaning for the dwarf. The dwarf who lost his job because of that was quite unhappy.
                            Clash of Civilization team member
                            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

See how the French are? Once again, they ruin a good time.

Comment

Working...
                              X