FO's Loser League is Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FO's Loser League is Starting

Football Outsiders runs a bi-annual Loser League and registration is now open until Sept. 5.

It's a great concept where everyone selects a team of players that will play but suck horribly.

It's time again to join in on the fun that is the Loser League. If you're no good at fantasy football, then this is exactly the league for you, because the goal is to pick players who are just as bad at real football as you are at fantasy football.

Sounds easy, right? Why not just draft the third-string quarterback? Well, it's more challenging than that. You have to pick players who are expected to play in the game, or you'll incur a hefty penalty. For each quarterback that attempts fewer than ten passes, running back that rushes fewer than eight times, or wide receiver that catches fewer than two passes, you're penalized 15 points.
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Go Raiders!

Comment

QB: Damon Huard
      QB: Tavaris Jackson
      RB: Edgerrin James
      RB: LaMont Jordan
      RB: Cadillac Williams
      WR: Ernest Wilford
      WR: Samie Parker
      WR: Justin McCareins
      K : Sebastian Janikowski
      K : Matt Bryant

Not enough Raiders, I know, but the Raiders are too up in the air to be confident of taking someone who is on their team and actually *playing*...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yeah, the QBs would be great choices, but who knows what's going to happen there. IIRC, there were some people that did really well by picking two bad QBs that both played for the same team - maybe the Browns QBs or something. I only grabbed Curry from the Raiders.

The greatest thing for a Kicker is the missed EP. A couple kickers have had it happen the last couple years and it's great for this system.
        I never know their names, But i smile just the same
        New faces...Strange places,
        Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
        -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Working...
        X