Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonny
    replied
    At least you got half the title... you're lucky I forgot to pick week 16.

Seriously, thanks for running this yet again. But September's only 7 months away...

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    thx Reis

Leave a comment:

• reismark
    replied

Another reason I hate the Mannings... Eli just cost me a solo victory in this pool. As is, I have to share it with Jonny. (If the Patriots had won, I would have hit my Super Bowl bonus, while Jonny lost his in the wild-card round by picking the wrong #5 seed.)

reismark 157
    Jonny11788 157
    gjramsey 151
    Ming 148
    Berzerker 137
    brtndr4u 135
    ColdWizard 131
    SlowwHand 121
    rah 99
    Jrabbit 42
    Tuberski 31
    Zopperoni 29

Leave a comment:

• reismark
    replied
    As promised, the lines for the Super Bowl are now up.

Leave a comment:

• reismark
    replied
    As an FYI, lines for the Super Bowl will go up tonight.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    So if I had done it correctly, I could have officially crapped out. Darn the bad luck.

Leave a comment:

• reismark
    replied
    Standings update and lines for the conference championships are up at Sportsline.

Leave a comment:

• reismark
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowwHand
    I forgot to put my Super Bowl pick. I don't want to mass mail all 2 times. I'll say Dallas. Why not? Against the Colts.
    Sorry, Sloww, no dice. Everything needs to be at the Sportsline site in order to count, you know how it's been done in the past.

In any event, updated standings and lines for the coming weekend's games are up at Sportsline.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    I forgot to put my Super Bowl pick. I don't want to mass mail all 2 times. I'll say Dallas. Why not? Against the Colts.

Leave a comment:

• reismark
    replied
    Originally posted by Berzerker
    congrats Ramsey and Reismark on winning the season point total, but if we're getting 10 pts for a play off game it kinda makes the season pointless. I can get my clock cleaned by 20 pts during the season and make it up with 2 picks?
    Well, usually it's much harder to get the bonus because you have to make the pick before the end of the first month of the season. My absence/stupidity this year makes it much easier and that's why it's only worth half what it's usually worth.

Plus you're forgetting that games during the playoffs are worth more points and increase exponentially by round, and you lose points for wrong picks in the playoffs. That makes a bonus much more worthwhile.

+2 win/-1 loss for the wild-card round
    +4 win/-2 loss for the divisional playoff round
    +8 win/-4 loss for the conference championships
    +12 win/-6 loss for the Super Bowl AND +6 right/-3 wrong for the Super Bowl Over/Under

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    congrats Ramsey and Reismark on winning the season point total, but if we're getting 10 pts for a play off game it kinda makes the season pointless. I can get my clock cleaned by 20 pts during the season and make it up with 2 picks?

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    Please submit your choice of who will win the Super Bowl from among the 12 playoff teams with your wild-card round selections. 10 points (half the usual 20) will be given for a correct pick.
    I thought we did that early in the season? Is that 10 for every game including the SB (and with a tie breaker?)

Leave a comment:

• gjramsey
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowwHand

Rotten Ramsey did. Caught the scoundrel anyway.
    Hey, I resemble that comment!

I had to pull a good final week out after two weeks of super suckage to get back to the tie....

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Nice to see you back reismark... I've been trying to keep people updated on a regular basis

I won the last week on the tie breaker with 11 wins.

Following are the standings going into the playoffs.

gjramsey 135
    reismark 135
    ColdWizard 130
    rah [SKP] 128
    Berzerker[TRU] 124
    Jonny11788 123
    Sloww Hand 123
    [BBB] brtndr4u 122
    Ming [SKP] 117
    [TRU] Jrabbit 71
    Tuberski 60
    [FoG] Zopperoni 58
    Imran Siddiqui 11

Leave a comment:

• reismark
    replied
    Well, despite my silence and my inability to get my s*** together in September, we will be continuing on as usual for the playoffs. Please keep in mind that all playoff picks should continue to be made on the message board at the pool site on Sportsline and not here.

As far as the Super Bowl bonus is concerned, we are still going to do one; just modified a bit from the way we usually do it. Please submit your choice of who will win the Super Bowl from among the 12 playoff teams with your wild-card round selections. 10 points (half the usual 20) will be given for a correct pick.

The lines are now available at the board on Sportsline - go make your picks!
    Last edited by reismark; January 1, 2008, 13:27.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X