X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me pick a signature quote for Tingkai

quote:
    Originally posted by Tingkai

Sounds good. Quote for duration of playoffs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flubber posted on 9-11-2006

OK-- Just to be clear, you are betting the Flames will be in the bottom eight teams in the league at the end of the season. Obviously total points would be the measure. (sorry to be pedantic but I have seen how the terms of a bet can be lost/misunderstood )

Loser to display a quote created/selected by the winner for the duration of the playoffs

Hmmm

12 CALGARY 76 41 25 10 92 240 205 30-7-2 11-18-8 5-4-1

21 FLORIDA 76 32 30 14 78 227 241 21-12-5 11-18-9 5-4-1
    22 BOSTON 76 35 35 6 76 209 267 18-16-4 17-19-2 3-6-1
    23 ST LOUIS 76 31 33 12 74 196 236 17-19-3 14-14-9 3-5-2
    24 COLUMBUS 76 32 37 7 71 192 229 17-16-4 15-21-3 6-4-0
    25 EDMONTON 77 31 39 7 69 189 233 19-19-3 12-20-4 1-8-1
    26 LOS ANGELES 77 26 37 14 66 216 264 15-15-9 11-22-5 4-3-3
    27 WASHINGTON 77 26 38 13 65 227 274 16-16-7 10-22-6 2-7-1
    28 CHICAGO 75 27 39 9 63 185 239 14-19-4 13-20-5 4-6-0
    29 PHOENIX 76 29 42 5 63 201 265 16-18-3 13-24-2 2-6-2
    30 PHILADELPHIA 75 20 44 11 51 194 280 8-21-7 12-23-4 3-7-0

The Flames now have an 18 point lead on the 8th worst team in the league and there are now insufficient games for the Flames to drop into the bottom 8.

I therefore claim victory in my bet.

THis means that I need help in selectiong an appropriate quote which he may display as his signature for the duration of the playoffs. Hockey related would seem best.

WE have a couple of weeks and perhaps some gems will arise . Soif you have any ideas that are in reasonably good taste, please suggest them here.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

"I flamed out"
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

The Leafs win the Cup

Hey, a guy's gotta try.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

"Toronto sucks, and Harper is a genius"
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

"The Toronto Maple Leafs are officially a disgrace to this country. Go Flames Go!"
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

How about:

I'm a premature ejaculator.

Steve Weeks from Mystery, Alaska; a hockey movie.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Is this the best you can do?

If I had won Flub's sign might have been:

Calgary: Canada's pathetic pimple on the prairie;

Calgary: Still trying to be like Edmonton;

In Calgary people treat you like family, cause they're so inbred they figure you must be related;

The reason why Newfs move to Calgary is because they think it's actually a big city;

You gotta wonder about a city where being a cowboy is considered the height of sophistication; or

Newfs and Calgarians: the missing links.
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

Those are some of the most pathetic attempts I've ever seen, Tingkai...made all the more funny because you criticized the others in the thread, and you were the one who showed how little intelligence you have regarding hockey with your bet in the first place...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I find it funny that he is criticizing when his own examples kinda suck
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

The fundamental problem is it's hard to put something in somebody's signature when every post they make is comically stupid on their own.

Comment

Coming from a guy you claims the Canucks intentionally allow shots on goal, your comment doesn't mean much.

And if you think you can do better...
                          Golfing since 67

Comment

YEAH! What he said!
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
                              Coming from a guy you claims the Canucks intentionally allow shots on goal, your comment doesn't mean much.
                              - Luongo has stated that he doesn't want his d-men blocking shots and he wants the shots without a screen to come through so he can play the save.
                              - Why don't you think of the ramifications of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X