Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Sports is India Good At?

Now, this isn't trolling or anything. Really

It's just funny how Chinese are all industrial about sports and have achieved lots of gold medals at the Olympics and similar championships.

India on the other hand, with comparable population, hasn't really been prominent in sports. How likely is that anyway

Via sheer size of the population pool to choose from, India should rock in most disciplines it touches with a stick.

Come to think of it, how fair is it anyway for huge countries to have only one football or basketball team?

Anyway, is India good at any sports, if so which, and have they won any medals?

Now, I'm no indian, but indian people I know are big fans of cricket, so I assume they as a nation must be pretty good at it...
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

I was just going to say cricket. anything else, I don't know.

Comment

Tiger hunting

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

killing rats? actually I heard they don't kill them, that's the problem. too many.

Comment

and this should be in the sports sub-forum.

Comment

None, alas. Except for cricket, but that's only when the planets are aligned right.

Comment

None

But, OTOH, we don't measure success of national ideology in terms on number of medals won, and don't take children away from their parents at age 4 to have them practice 14 hours a day for the next 14 years of their lives
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Guys, how did the cricket go against South Africa in the end? I've watched bits of the test series here and there, but I didn't get the big picture.

I'll be at the Lords test match in the summer. We are complete crap at the moment so you can probably roll us over.

Comment

Lost the final test today, lost the series 2-1

EDIT: I'm an Emperor . Someone should make a "3000 posts of LordShiva" thread
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

(OT: Vet - congrats to Ljubicic for beating Andy Murray.)

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                        None

But, OTOH, we don't measure success of national ideology in terms on number of medals won, we just take children away from their parents at age 4 to have them practice 14 hours a day for the next 14 years of their lives cleaning rat crap in hindu temples, careful not to step on any rat, which would be a terrible thing

Fixed
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I thought India took hockey seriously. That's 'field' hockey, not the icy stuff.

Comment

Who needs NASCAR ?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                              I thought India took hockey seriously. That's 'field' hockey, not the icy stuff.
                              Yeah, but we've sucked at it for the last few years, too. I think the last time we actually won something was the gold medal at the 1998 Asian Games.

Comment

Working...
                              X