Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tingkai
    replied
    Great game. Local bar has a slingbox set up so got to see it live. Amazing moves by the Canadian boys in the first. Terrifying Russian PP in the second, and truly scary shorthanded breakaway by the Russian. Price's save on that one was a game breaker.

Leave a comment:

• Flubber
    replied
    Originally posted by Asher
    OH MY GOD!!! TOEWS CURSED ON LIVE TV!!! THE F WORD!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Yup I just rewound to hear it again. I think he realized it just after he said it but kept his cool and just continued on

Leave a comment:

• Asher
    replied
    OH MY GOD!!! TOEWS CURSED ON LIVE TV!!! THE F WORD!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Leave a comment:

• Asher
    replied
    We vin! We vin!

Leave a comment:

• Flubber
    replied
    I just don't want to see any more Russian powerplays

Leave a comment:

• Flubber
    replied
    Originally posted by Asher
    I'm fearing that they're playing Oilers hockey by giving up leads. :|
    Asher

I can count on you to NEVER miss any opportunity for an Oiler slam. Your consistency is reassuring

Leave a comment:

• Asher
    replied
    I'm fearing that they're playing Oilers hockey by giving up leads. :|

Leave a comment:

• Asher
    replied
    Of course

Leave a comment:

• Flubber
    replied
    Anyone watching the final besides me??

Leave a comment:

• Flubber
    replied
    Originally posted by Ninot

1. Shootouts have been apart of international hockey since before I can remember.

2. That's just how international hockey is.
    Agreed and agreed on both points. I don't really expect to change the weird international refereeing standards but they could do away with the shootout-- or at the very least move to a full 20 minute overtime before resorting to it (in elimination games)

Oh and what's with the weird "home team" rule. If (by chance) you are the home team in the meaningless early game, you have to be the visitor in the key playoff one???

Leave a comment:

• Ninot
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubber
    1. Shootouts do not belong in any elimination game EVER. They are cute in regular rounds but when its winner-take-all, they should not be allowed. I say this this year even though Canada won.

2.Wow the reffing was horrible. It seemed you couldn't touch a guy without a penalty call
    1. Shootouts have been apart of international hockey since before I can remember.

2. That's just how international hockey is.

Leave a comment:

• Flubber
    replied
    The international shootout was weird since after your first three shooters , you could keep going back to the same guys to shoot again and again (as long as they didn't shoot consecutively) So one player got 3 of Canada's five shootout goals.

Another observation was that the keepers stopped far fewer shots than I am accustomed to seeing in NHL shootouts. Both sides scored 2 of the first 3 and then 2 of the next threes shots before the fifth stood up as the winner with a Canadian save.

It was dramatic but no way to decide a hard-fought game

Leave a comment:

• Flubber
    replied
    Wild game today. Canada beat the US 2-1 in a shootout

A couple of beefs

1. Shootouts do not belong in any elimination game EVER. They are cute in regular rounds but when its winner-take-all, they should not be allowed. I say this this year even though Canada won.

2.Wow the reffing was horrible. It seemed you couldn't touch a guy without a penalty call

Leave a comment:

• Flubber
    replied
    Originally posted by Ninot
    I heard today that its possible team USA gets demoted to division 2.
    THat was a remote possibility after they lost their first two games. There was a decent chance they would not make the medal round and would then have to play to avoid relegation. BUt if they did play in the relagation round they would have likely crushed the others.

AS it happened, they managed to win their final two games and Canada helped by beating everyone else. The Yanks finished third in the pool and made the quarters.

The US now faces Finland with the winner getting a date with the Canadians. On the other side, the Russians await the winner of the Swedes and Czechs IIRC

Leave a comment:

• Ninot
    replied
    I heard today that its possible team USA gets demoted to division 2.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X