Apolyton Salary Cap Football League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    A) Did you use the correct password and league number?

B) It can't be full.

C) Operator error. Try again.
    Yes.

Ok.

Nope - must be the firewall here at work. I've had Yahoo problems before now that I think about it. I'll try again from home if I remember.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Where are the MIngapulcos???
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Off talking a good game about something somewhere.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          Where are the MIngapulcos???
          Actually... signing up while you were posting that

Salary Cap: $100.00
          Current Team Value: $99.83
          Available Cap Room: $0.17

Up to 10 people now:

Dallas Dwarf Tossers
          Mountain Goats
          Da Orange Coach + BUTKUS
          Da Boyz
          Vicious Rabbits
          Teh Poly Reds
          Future Champions
          Shoeless HIllbillies
          Javalinas
          Mingapulcos
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Was thinking Berz and a couple of others might want in.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Was thinking Berz and a couple of others might want in.
              I'll send him a PM...

And yeah, I hope others sign up. This is really a low effort affair. No need to be around for a long SLOW draft... just check your team once a week...

It was a blast that last time you ran it... the more people, the better. So sign up now
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Okay... Snoopy's bandits, 95.54 (after realizing the team i was picking was going for $90 I had to pick a few more expensive people... still not going expensive, these values are pretty dumb)
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Here's what I did, just so all of you know what NOT to probably do. I went for average. Number of players into 100 gives an average to spend, and for the most part, I went that way. So DON'T do it that way. I almost guarantee that if I did it, it's a pooch screwing.

Comment

in, and thx Ming for the note and Slow for setting this up

I have a question, it appears if we pick a guy with low value and he increases his value during the season, we get him at that same low value. If we sell him off then his updated value becomes his price, so dont sell a sleeper who meets with success. The bye week will screw you soon enough...

Comment

Yeah... the bye week for key players could be the kiss of death. I can see a situation coming up where I'm willing to suffer no points for a player rather than give him up because of his value. It will be interesting
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

I doubt that values will change so drastically that it will be worth a zero-point week.

But WTF do I know?
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

There were some very big swings the last time I did one of these. If you start with "flyer" in a position, and he turns into a stud, he can have real value for you. A 5 or 6 dollar swing can make a big difference. Especially if it's at a position like WR where with the exception of a few consistent studs, bad weeks can happen even if they are playing.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Frankly, I didn't know what to think of the Bye weeks. I'm inclined to agree that taking the Zero points hit may be the best approach.
                            I guess how one addresses the situation is a lot of it.

Comment

Usually, the bye weeks aren't a problem for your big name players. There value won't change much. It's those "lucky strike" extras that you found... maybe a team defense that is playing far better than originally valued... or a WR or second RB. In most cases, I'm sure people loaded up with big time studs, and then took a chance at a few positions to balance it out. I will probably use my QB position to take advantage of Match ups, and balance out my spending week to week.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Basically, I plan to rework my whole lineup every week. I will probably try to hit a couple obscure guys on the uptick, but my guess is there won't be too much of that after the first few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X