Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US military will defend Taiwan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • US military will defend Taiwan

    US military will defend Taiwan - the White House responded with a 'Yes'. I believe Binden also said 'Yes'. So now the question is - will China double down and show some balls? Or will China simply blink? I guess you could say it's all up to Xi Jinping now. With this said the US should send more weapons to the island - some heavy-duty top of the line equipment.
    MYWIFEHATESCIV
    Official Old Timer BANNED from the Old-Timers' Home

  • #2
    Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
    US military will defend Taiwan - the White House responded with a 'Yes'. I believe Binden also said 'Yes'. So now the question is - will China double down and show some balls? Or will China simply blink? I guess you could say it's all up to Xi Jinping now. With this said the US should send more weapons to the island - some heavy-duty top of the line equipment.
    Heavy duty equipment won't be as effective as a deterrent as asymmetric warfare equipment which Taiwan is woefully under-equipped with.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hasn't the US always been saying they would defend Taiwan, like for years now.. The whole Ukrainian thing suddenly made them remember this?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

        Heavy duty equipment won't be as effective as a deterrent as asymmetric warfare equipment which Taiwan is woefully under-equipped with.
        i some way.... you are right.
        MYWIFEHATESCIV
        Official Old Timer BANNED from the Old-Timers' Home

        Comment


        • #5
          Why would a demented communist pledge to protect Taiwan? It makes no sense. Something else is going on here.
          "

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Trillion View Post
            Hasn't the US always been saying they would defend Taiwan, like for years now.. The whole Ukrainian thing suddenly made them remember this?
            in some way, you are right
            MYWIFEHATESCIV
            Official Old Timer BANNED from the Old-Timers' Home

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EPW View Post
              Why would a demented communist pledge to protect Taiwan? It makes no sense. Something else is going on here.
              what? please. explain.
              MYWIFEHATESCIV
              Official Old Timer BANNED from the Old-Timers' Home

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post

                what? please. explain.
                A former poster on these forums used to express a similar opinion.
                "

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EPW View Post

                  A former poster on these forums used to express a similar opinion.
                  please, share.
                  MYWIFEHATESCIV
                  Official Old Timer BANNED from the Old-Timers' Home

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post

                    please, share.
                    He's not in a position to defend himself so I think not.
                    "

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't think China will invade Taiwan. Too disruptive to their economy. They like making money it seems to me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Why invade something you already own?
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                          Why invade something you already own?
                          Taiwan’s government says that the Republic of China, the island’s formal name, is a sovereign country and that no matter what China says it can not change that fact.

                          hmmm... seems someone disagrees with you Uncle Sparky.
                          MYWIFEHATESCIV
                          Official Old Timer BANNED from the Old-Timers' Home

                          Comment


                          • Uncle Sparky
                            Uncle Sparky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            As you know, Taiwan has 2 main political parties: one pro China, one pro-American. As you know these parties have less love for each other than the Dems & GOP, with actual fistfights on the floor of their legislature. I'm sure you also know much of the economy of Taiwan is owned by Chinese companies.
                            China owns a great deal of the Taiwanese economy and the pro-China party usually has about half the seats. So, obviously 'own' was the wrong word: I should have said, 'Why attack what you already control'.

                        • #14
                          but china will do nothing - at least not in the next couple of years. it would be a major move on chinas part to try and take the island. you will see the buildup happen months before. at least months before. the threats will continue - thats all the leadership in china has to do - for now.
                          MYWIFEHATESCIV
                          Official Old Timer BANNED from the Old-Timers' Home

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Taiwan needs to load up on all the anti-ship and anti-air missiles they can afford.
                            It's never too late to shut the **** up and hope for the best. - Kentonio
                            If social security were private, it would be prosecuted as a Ponzi scheme. - me
                            Check out https://shauchi.wixsite.com/fire

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X