Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British People: Are you guys just always drunk and punching each other all the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British People: Are you guys just always drunk and punching each other all the time?

Please explain this whole fighting culture to me.

We had that in high school where everyone was wound up so tight they were always looking for a fight but that calmed down after some time.

You guys feel walking around is a normal thing to do or is it a chore cause you feel like you gotta be ready to rumble at all times?

Of course this varies by city and part of the city but I would enjoy hearing some real experiences of your daily life and if it resembles our Wal-mart just less obese LOL
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Come and ‘ave a go if you fink you’re ‘ard enough.

Even the Queen gets in on it after a few gins.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Main reason from my experience is that pubs traditionally close with last orders at 11pm. So people get liquored up double quick before going on somewhere else like a club, and then some guy was eyeing up me bird so I had to lamp him, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        Come and ‘ave a go if you fink you’re ‘ard enough.

Even the Queen gets in on it after a few gins.
        'your', or more likely 'yer'

You gave yourself away - you ain't no dodgy geezer, me ol' mucka...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker View Post
          Please explain this whole fighting culture to me.

We had that in high school where everyone was wound up so tight they were always looking for a fight but that calmed down after some time.

You guys feel walking around is a normal thing to do or is it a chore cause you feel like you gotta be ready to rumble at all times?

Of course this varies by city and part of the city but I would enjoy hearing some real experiences of your daily life and if it resembles our Wal-mart just less obese LOL
          General lack of access to guns?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post

'your', or more likely 'yer'

You gave yourself away - you ain't no dodgy geezer, me ol' mucka...
            I'm grammar schooled, so I can barely even do my own accent.

Comment

See, I went to a proper inner city East London comp in Befnal Green, innit.

Comment

Having spoken with people that grew up in england and were responsible for public order, I was bewildered that they were bewildered that people here don't get drunk and punch eachother.
                I'm an exception maybe but I have never punched another

Comment

My theory is that Brits are wound up so tight from having to be so “proper” all the time that they have no outlet for anger as they are taught to suppress their emotions

combine that with liquor and it just all explodes

Plus all the bad weather leads to low vitamin D and hormonal imbalances therefore starting an empire just to get a tan (usually burned tho)

i don’t see Scandinavians acting this way though and their weather is just as bleak
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker View Post
                    My theory is that Brits are wound up so tight from having to be so “proper” all the time that they have no outlet for anger as they are taught to suppress their emotions

You think Brits are all aristocracy or from the 19th century? #JekyllandHyde

Comment

YES

Last edited by Ted Striker; June 28, 2020, 17:16.

Comment

It’s like Germans being super clean and well groomed but the making jokes about sshhite scheisse all the time

Narrator: “the duality of man”

Comment

I talk like aristocracy, but I'm as working class as they come.

Comment

Marie Antoinette's last words.

Comment

The Americans seem to have taken up the habit of punching one another all the time, and with gusto.

With occaisonal breaks to pull down a statue or paint grafitti.

Comment

Working...
                              X