No announcement yet.

Who do you tip to win the US presidential election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The framers of the US Constitution, and all the politicians in the US prior to a few years ago, did not anticipate a grifter like Trump becoming POTUS. So many things that Trump has done will have to be tested in court before it is known whether a President can legally do them or not. Trump has, ironically, appointed some very conservative members of the SCOTUS, who will likely take a conservative line if any of these cases of 'Presidential overreach' appear before him. Knowing that their decisions will become a precedent for future cases (and future Presidents), the SCOTUS will likely narrowly define presidential powers and condemn the worst excesses of Trump's behavior.

I suspect 'calling for insurrection', and I've seen plenty of evidence and I'm sure I've only seen a fraction of it, especially when combined with a second impeachment, would be an easy call for either a SCOTUS vote, or a military tribunal.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• In case of being impeached after leaving office Donnie should strike back with threatening to pardon himself after leaving office...
      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        The framers of the US Constitution, and all the politicians in the US prior to a few years ago, did not anticipate a grifter like Trump becoming POTUS. So many things that Trump has done will have to be tested in court before it is known whether a President can legally do them or not. Trump has, ironically, appointed some very conservative members of the SCOTUS, who will likely take a conservative line if any of these cases of 'Presidential overreach' appear before him. Knowing that their decisions will become a precedent for future cases (and future Presidents), the SCOTUS will likely narrowly define presidential powers and condemn the worst excesses of Trump's behavior.

I suspect 'calling for insurrection', and I've seen plenty of evidence and I'm sure I've only seen a fraction of it, especially when combined with a second impeachment, would be an easy call for either a SCOTUS vote, or a military tribunal.
        You just pile horse**** on top of horse**** and nobody even bothers with it.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

You just pile horse**** on top of horse**** and nobody even bothers with it.
          You mean like many of your posts...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Kid bothered to post that he really doesn't bother.
            Blah

Comment

• On impeachment after leaving office - I am told that the impeachments of Sen. William Blount in 1797 and Secretary of War William Belknap in 1876 both occurred after they were no longer in office.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                Impeachment's so nice they did it twice.
                So much winning ...
                never before has a PotUS been impeached so much as Trump ...
                and probably never thereafter will.

Trump made history
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Indeed. The history books will have quite something to say about him. Though probaly not what he had in mind....
                  Blah

Comment

• Trump's days in the WH are winding down. The question of how he will leave is probably not in question.
                    He will probably do so with as little class as possible, ignoring the traditional acts that past outgoing presidents have done.
                    Because for Trump, everything is about him.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• 'White House advisor Peter Navarro leaves the West Wing of the White House with a photograph of U.S. President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping, in Washington, U.S., January 13, 2021.'
                      https://twitter.com/MichaelBKelley/s...789656065?s=19

More stuff (appears to be Abe Lincoln bust) leaving the West Wing this afternoon.
                      https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/13...454638592?s=19
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• So, will Atlanta be burned to the ground (again) tomorrow? They will be officially certifying the Senate runoff election results, and the Dems take over the Senate. ... unless something patriotic stops it from happening.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• 2 members of the squad are against new domestic terrorism laws.

Comment

• So... there are wing nuts in both party. Your point?
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I don't care if they are crazy when they vote how I like.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                                -Jrabbit commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That's been clear for a long time now.

• Liz Cheney wants to pass more laws to spy on Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X