Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you read the story it just said that stopped flights before the announcement. I'm sure they were told when the ban was decided. But good for them. And good for all the nations that did better than us. You know what, good job to the nations that had more deaths. I don't blame them. You know why? Because I don't blame victims. I BLAME THE CCP!
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Please post who is blaming the victims.
      And feel free to blame whomever you want. The rest of us can blame the guy that was in charge and making the decisions that led us down this sorry path that we now find ourselves on
      And the next time he says this is just going to go away, I'm sure you will be the first person to believe that as well, since you believe all the other stuff he says... You know, the most lying president in modern history
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• But everyone knows that this is a national effort. All Americans are in this together. We are all working towards the same goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          But everyone knows that this is a national effort. All Americans are in this together. We are all working towards the same goal.
          Maybe you should tell Trump that. Americans may all be working together for the same goal, but all Trump is doing is trying to get re-elected, and he doesn't give a damn about anybody else
          "IT IS WHAT IT IS"... words of wit and wisdom from our ******* leader
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post

Maybe you should tell Trump that. Americans may all be working together for the same goal, but all Trump is doing is trying to get re-elected, and he doesn't give a damn about anybody else
            "IT IS WHAT IT IS"... words of wit and wisdom from our ******* leader
            This is coming from the person that refuses to blame the people that did this, the CCP.

Comment

• Last I checked... the CCP isn't calling the shots. Trump is.
              But feel free to continue to blame whatever bogeyman your alt right wack jobs sites are telling you to, while ignoring the person that is actually in charge and making all the bad decisions.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• The CCP is feeding you disinformation through your fake news so they can give you another novel virus and you will blame your own country again.

Comment

The CCP is feeding you disinformation through your fake news so they can give you another novel virus and you will blame your own country again.
                  Talk about total nonsense.
                  Question. Is Trump the President and running the country. If you answer yes, guess what... He is to blame
                  You can babble all you want about your bogeyman the CCP, disinformation, fake news, or whatever, but the buck stops at the presidents desk

Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Epidemiology 101: Stop the spread. It's simple containment. Lock it down, minimize contact, keep it clean. Isolate. Essential services only. Starve the virus with a lack of hosts.

A leader would realize this was an amazing opportunity to lock up re-election by beating the virus back. But our Trump was planning to run on a Booming Economy platform, and a couple months of true lockdown was inconvenient for that plan. So instead of standing firm and minimizing the spread, Trump just declared victory. Refused to wear a mask. Refused to socially distance. Encouraged states to ignore CDC recommendations and "reopen the economy" by Memorial Day (which was actually about 4 weeks later than he wanted).

Predictably, case counts began soaring a couple weeks into June. Southern states who thought they were somehow immune - Texas, Florida, Georgia, S.Carolina, Arizona - all saw soaring caseloads, overloaded ICUs, and rising death counts. The result? The US went went from about 25,000 cases/day on Memorial day to MORE THAN DOUBLE by the 4th of July. We haven't had a single day with less then 50k new cases since July 3.

(I was going to post the current charts of daily cases and daily deaths in the US here, but apparently the forum is borked for all images, not just our avatars).

Deaths? Kid says they're going down. And that was true - for awhile. By early June, we had pushed daily deaths down below 1,000. Hospitals were past overload, treatments were improving. But it didn't last. Holiday weekend, reopening the economy, and people's stubborn refusal to mask up and socially distance made it inevitable that those totals would go up again. And they have. The 7-day moving average went over 1,000 deaths/day again on July 29, and has stayed there since.

1,000 dead Americans PER DAY is not acceptable.
                    50,000 new Covid cases PER DAY is not acceptable.

Bonus ironic idiocy: Most of the world now has a travel ban AGAINST AMERICANS.

Sadly, Trump is so short-sighted that he couldn't suck it up and listen to his own experts. If he had the balls to support an actual lockdown for the extra few weeks it would have taken, and used that time to develop an effective contact tracing plan once caseloads were down to a manageable level, we would be damn near back to normal by now, and America would be a positive example to be admired. And with 3 months left before election, he could have goosed the economy back into high gear with his favorite trick: massive deficit spending and printing trillions of dollars.

Instead, our economy remains in the dumper with a record 32.9% Q2 contraction. Disastrous. Unemployment remains over 30 million. And Covid-19 continues to run rampant with no end in sight.

But hey, as long as 250,000 Harley riders can prove their rugged individualism by doing everything they can think of to create a super-spreader event in Sturgis, all is well in America.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Now the CCP is a boogeyman?

Comment

• Are you people still so deluded that you think we can contain this to any significant degree, or that IFRs are above 0.4%?

1) The skew of cases in New York looks like it was heavily concentrated in nursing homes, because of insanely bad management by both the administrators of those homes and local government
                        2) Likely herd immunity thresholds are substantially lower than 75% infections, both because of heterogeneous spread rates and because of cross immunity from other coronaviruses
                        3) Parts of the US have potentially reached herd imunity at this point, although we'll see when fall arrives
                        4) We will reach about 500k deaths in by the US by the end of this winter, at which point the virus will be endemic and with a lower fatality rate
                        5) No hospital system was ever overwhelmed by cases, not even with effectively uncontrolled spread. Reducing spread rates through some reasonably cheap measures (mask mandates) in hotspots like NYC at the peak was probably a good precautionary idea. Lockdowns, particularly in areas that hadn't yet gotten onto the virus upslope were a terrible idea that was costly and did nothing but delay
                        6) Any vaccine is likely to be of limited and rapidly decaying effectiveness
                        7) No region on earth will avoid this by any combination of behavioral or medical interventions.
                        8) I don't know what things are like where you live, but where I live people are very much ignoring social distancing guidelines. We've burned through people's goodwill, and further behavioral restrictions in response to the next wave will have to be very targeted in order to get any real compliance
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Egbert
                          Egbert commented
                          Editing a comment
                          KrazyHorse is a rabid and deranged loon.

• Well lots of people are annoying brats so I'm all for social distancing, virus or not.
                        Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Epidemiology 101: Stop the spread. It's simple containment. Lock it down, minimize contact, keep it clean. Isolate. Essential services only. Starve the virus with a lack of hosts.

A leader would realize this was an amazing opportunity to lock up re-election by beating the virus back. But our Trump was planning to run on a Booming Economy platform, and a couple months of true lockdown was inconvenient for that plan. So instead of standing firm and minimizing the spread, Trump just declared victory. Refused to wear a mask. Refused to socially distance. Encouraged states to ignore CDC recommendations and "reopen the economy" by Memorial Day (which was actually about 4 weeks later than he wanted).

Predictably, case counts began soaring a couple weeks into June. Southern states who thought they were somehow immune - Texas, Florida, Georgia, S.Carolina, Arizona - all saw soaring caseloads, overloaded ICUs, and rising death counts. The result? The US went went from about 25,000 cases/day on Memorial day to MORE THAN DOUBLE by the 4th of July. We haven't had a single day with less then 50k new cases since July 3.

(I was going to post the current charts of daily cases and daily deaths in the US here, but apparently the forum is borked for all images, not just our avatars).

Deaths? Kid says they're going down. And that was true - for awhile. By early June, we had pushed daily deaths down below 1,000. Hospitals were past overload, treatments were improving. But it didn't last. Holiday weekend, reopening the economy, and people's stubborn refusal to mask up and socially distance made it inevitable that those totals would go up again. And they have. The 7-day moving average went over 1,000 deaths/day again on July 29, and has stayed there since.

1,000 dead Americans PER DAY is not acceptable.
                          50,000 new Covid cases PER DAY is not acceptable.

Bonus ironic idiocy: Most of the world now has a travel ban AGAINST AMERICANS.

Sadly, Trump is so short-sighted that he couldn't suck it up and listen to his own experts. If he had the balls to support an actual lockdown for the extra few weeks it would have taken, and used that time to develop an effective contact tracing plan once caseloads were down to a manageable level, we would be damn near back to normal by now, and America would be a positive example to be admired. And with 3 months left before election, he could have goosed the economy back into high gear with his favorite trick: massive deficit spending and printing trillions of dollars.

Instead, our economy remains in the dumper with a record 32.9% Q2 contraction. Disastrous. Unemployment remains over 30 million. And Covid-19 continues to run rampant with no end in sight.

But hey, as long as 250,000 Harley riders can prove their rugged individualism by doing everything they can think of to create a super-spreader event in Sturgis, all is well in America.
                          You flunk 101.

First, you don't just lockdown because of a pandemic. No,, it's not that simple. First of all there's this thing called the Constitution, and freedom. It's immoral to lock innocent healthy people up.. it's immoral to rob them of their property. Second,, locking down causes death and economic collapse.

The second thing that you fail at is the simple fact that people don't die if they aren't infected. The new case count is down and falling. So too must the deaths.

Comment

• JR,

You flunk 101.

First, you don't just lockdown because of a pandemic. No,, it's not that simple. First of all there's this thing called the Constitution, and freedom. It's immoral to lock innocent, healthy people up.. it's immoral to rob them of their property. Second,, locking down causes death and economic collapse.

The second thing that you fail at is the simple fact that people don't die if they aren't infected. The new case count is down and falling. So too must the deaths.

Comment

Now the CCP is a boogeyman?
                              The CCP is feeding you disinformation through your fake news so they can give you another novel virus and you will blame your own country again.
                              Besides the fact that this doesn't even make sense... It seems like you want to blame everything on China

So... are your "Chinese" making Trump do stupid things?
                              Are the "Chinese" making Trump say stupid things?
                              Are the "Chinese" pulling Trumps strings?

And please post where I "Blame our county"... good luck with that since I never have.
                              But I DO BLAME TRUMP... and last time I checked, he's NOT our country, just our stupid and childish President

It seems your alt right wacko fake news sites are the ones spoon feeding you with disinformation
                              And I don't think the Chinese are responsible for that either
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X