Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pig flu in China. Hasn't broken out yet but damn. Hopefully it get contained. Asia has struggled with its meat industry forever.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Coronavirus: 'I'm all for masks,' says Trump in change of tone
      The president shifts course after his fellow Republicans urge Americans to wear face coverings.

Probably just some guy was smart enough to sell him the idea of masks as some kind of face-wall paid by Mexico. Give it a couple days more and Trump will claim he actually invented masks, and always campaigned for everyone to wear them.
      Blah

Comment

• 50k+ cases in the US in one day, with Fauci predicting the possibility of 100k cases a day!

KH is winning!
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
          C'mon Americans... Time for some exceptionalism. 4th of July weekend - let's see huge crowds... bigger than Trump inauguration size crowds. Don't use facemasks... they cause your penis to fall off! Let's get those new cases up to 100,000 per day by the end of July. You can do it! You know better than this 'fake decease'. Sleepy Joe Biden wants you to stay home... the Dems don't want you to drink beer with your neighbors. Prove commie WHO wrong!

Comment

So, were Americans always this dumb? Yes. Yes they were. A California ad from 1919, when patriotic Americans were tired of wearing masks that were required during the "Spanish" flu outbreak. The man mentioned as guest speaker was a former San Francisco mayor, so politicians were challenging medical authorities then too.

This was before the second wave that killed over 600,000 Americans (out of approximately 106 million).
            ~0.5% death rate? Nooooooooooo problemo!

[/KH]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
              What is going on in the U.S. South at the moment:

I can see a lot of spikes in both case numbers (4-fold increase since early June, 2-fold since mid-June in Texas, for example), and positive rates (so it's not due to "more testing"), but no commensurate increase in death rates. Is it because the people being infected now are the younger ones who can't be arsed to shield, and aren't dying in as great a number. Or is that death toll going to suddenly jump up in the next few weeks after this lot go see their parent and grandparents?
              I think there's a two week time lag for the deaths to start filtering through from increased cases, so I think maybe we'll see that in about another 5 days...

Unless they've all cured themselves with bleach in the meantime

Comment

• Fourth of July celebrations increase risk of 'superspreader' events, experts warn

When your already low opinion of a nation repeatedly gets smashed lower and lower*

And in an already ignorant country, it's the most ignorant parts of the country** that have it worst! Like...

TEXAS!!!

* Don't worry, our country is also run by a thick self-entitled *******.
                ** And yes, where ignorance is rife, so is COVID...

In the land of the dumbasses, the one-eyed dumbass can be an infinitely larger dumbass...

Comment

• (from ABC News)

7:18 a.m.: 'Great news': Trump says of increase in number of COVID-19 cases

Even as Republican-led states roll back reopenings due to the significant rise in coronavirus cases and warnings from his own government that the pandemic is far from over, President Donald Trump continues to take an optimistic tone about the increased in diagnosed COVID-19 cases.

"There is a rise in Coronavirus cases because our testing is so massive and so good, far bigger and better than any other country," Trump tweeted late Thursday night. "This is great news, but even better news is that death, and the death rate, is DOWN. Also, younger people, who get better much easier and faster!"

However, Adm. Brett Giroir, the man Trump appointed to oversee testing, testified at a House hearing Thursday that "this is a real increase in cases" and not just attributable to increased testing....

(Remember the "Million Man March"? Maybe Trump can lead the Million Man Funeral! Biggy!)
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Literally republicans have to be the thickest of the thick right now!

Here's a cool tool - shows how ****ed it is where you live if you're American.

https://globalepidemics.org/key-metr...d-suppression/

Guess they're called Red States for a reason!

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                      Literally republicans have to be the thickest of the thick right now!

Here's a cool tool - shows how ****ed it is where you live if you're American.

https://globalepidemics.org/key-metr...d-suppression/

Trump has worked hard to make America first ... and he was successful in making America Number 1 with regards to Corona cases.

Or to quote Trump from his election campaign 2016:
                      With me as PotUS we will win so much, that you will grow tired of so much winning

It is as if Trump, in 2016, foresaw the situation in 2020
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Mexico closes border with Arizona because of COVID 19 concerns

HUGE win for Trump!
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Mexico closes border with Arizona because of COVID 19 concerns

HUGE win for Trump!

The big question now is whether Mexico will build a wall and make Trump pay for it.

Will Canada follow suit and also build a wall and make Trump pay for it?

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                            Uncle Sparky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            We were considering a really long privacy hedge... far more neighbourly. And yes, the Americans will pay for it.

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                          You will stop chortling when this virus begins decimating the sheep population in Wales.

Comment

Even as Republican-led states roll back reopenings (...)
                            If they arrive at the next stage of reopenings will those be then re-reopenings? And what about their fathers' fathers?
                            Blah

Comment

• USA + 62,425 new cases in one day! And the 4th of July infections are still a few days off. Obviously, time to reopen schools. Reopening churches and bars isn't driving the rates up fast enough.

Donald J Trump mass murderer.

Comment

Working...
                              X