Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazyhorse is a rabid and deranged loom.

Comment

• KH is a cold ****er who worships at the altar of Mammon. He'd rather all the old, fat and infirm die before he loses even one cent of earning potential...

Survival of the fittest - especially survival of the wealthiest!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Three days ago, a 28-year old employee of the International Monetary Fund suggested that the cost social distancing is exacting "on the economy" might be more important than "the human aspect of the disease."

Today, he succumbed to CoViD-19.

Comment

• gribby, are you celebrating the death of somebody because he had the temerity to express a point of view different than your own? What an awful thing to do....
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Gribbler, a wise and caring human being just died and you are happy about it?!?

CNN has ruined you.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
              KH is a cold ****er who worships at the altar of Mammon. He'd rather all the old, fat and infirm die before he loses even one cent of earning potential...

Survival of the fittest - especially survival of the wealthiest!
              I'll be fine. I'm working from home and can do that indefinitely. A number of my less successful friends work in customer facing service industries and have been laid off, however. Millions of people are now unemployed because of this act of germophobic seppuku.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• They'll be ok. $1200 from the gov. Totally fixes everything. Just like the system always takes care of the less fortunate and ensures they share in the wealth created. Now if only we could figure out why so many are perfectly willing to sit back and watch the system crash and burn, with little to no regard for the wealth being destroyed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                  They'll be ok. $1200 from the gov. Totally fixes everything. Just like the system always takes care of the less fortunate and ensures they share in the wealth created.
                  I agree with Aeson.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post

I'll be fine.
                    And there we get to the nub of the issue.

I'm alright, Jack. The rest of you Americans can **** off and die for all I care.

Everyone else is ****ed because your country doesn't give a **** about them.

Are you also voting Trump in November?

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      They'll be ok. $1200 from the gov. Totally fixes everything. Just like the system always takes care of the less fortunate and ensures they share in the wealth created. Now if only we could figure out why so many are perfectly willing to sit back and watch the system crash and burn, with little to no regard for the wealth being destroyed?
                      $1200 per adult plus $500 per child plus $600 per week for four months for unemployment (with another nine at $450 per week). Toss in food stamps and Medicaid and I would say the less off are being well looked after especially if they have section 8 to top it off.

Let’s keep things in perspective here. A family of three (two parents and a child) is getting $2900 lump some in cash plus $1200 per week ($600 x 2) for a total of $7700 in the next month. Yes, they are in decent shape.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Mobius:

1) I don't vote
                        2) I can't legally vote in US elections
                        3) even ignoring 1 and 2 - no, I would never vote for trump. The man is temperamentally unsuited to be President
                        4) you're missing the point - my concern for the economic impact of this idiocy is largely not for myself; it's for others
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Oh, and people can also file their tax return to get a few grand more to top it off.

Even with a not so great job if you are married with a kid you will probably get at least $5000-$6000 back in your tax return. With all the other stuff in the relief package regular working folks should indeed have a decent cushion.
                          Last edited by Dinner; March 25, 2020, 16:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post

And there we get to the nub of the issue.

I'm alright, Jack. The rest of you Americans can **** off and die for all I care.

Everyone else is ****ed because your country doesn't give a **** about them.

Are you also voting Trump in November?
                            You are sounding unhinged from reality. How much more does the government have to give you before you realize you don’t have it so bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                              Mobius:

1) I don't vote
                              2) I can't legally vote in US elections
                              3) even ignoring 1 and 2 - no, I would never vote for trump. The man is temperamentally unsuited to be President
                              4) you're missing the point - my concern for the economic impact of this idiocy is largely not for myself; it's for others
                              The only real alternative is what Boris Johnson originally tried to do, namely, tell the high risk to self quarantine but let non-high risk just go about like normal. The problem is then you will get a flood of people, even young healthy people, who need ICU care all at once. Hospitals don’t have much surge capacity any where in the world so that would result in a lot of unnecessary deaths of people who could have lived if they had gotten proper medical care but because of a lack of beds they couldn’t get it and died. We already saw this in Italy.

Thus the whole social isolation to push down the curve and keep the number of infections with in the amount which hospitals can handle. That is the whole point of this, to spread the infection period out so that we don’t have 2 million dead people because of lack of beds or ventilators.

Comment

• Is there a metric for decision making on the lives potentially saved vs potential economic cost? I want to know where the inflection point is. Even a simple rule of thumb such as “A $x dollar GDP hit per life saved (minimum z yr post event survival) threshold”
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X