This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

I wouild dfinitely see a prooof regarding Switzerland being among the countries that actually recommend the use of HQL.

I don't see anything in the official places like the swiss health department

Also don't foorget that Switzerland, just like South Korea are small countries which, actually also enacted lots of rules regarding social distancing and wearing masks.
    Something that surely provides more containment of the virus (and therefore lowered death rates) than HQL might do (as such measures will contribute a lot to keep the spread of the virus away from those who are vulnerable and have a larger chance to die from the virs (like the elder ones)
    The professor at Yale mentioned the events in his oped. I picked up the graph without source. So I'm looking for source.

Everyone locks down, except a couple countries.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Here Proteus

Comment

• Kidlicious
        Kidlicious commented
        Editing a comment
        President Trump expressed optimism based on studies in France and China, and the media freaked out. The president’s political opposition would go on to cling to any proof the drug would not work and suppress any information that it would. This politicization culminated in the horrific study published by Lancet that the publication quietly retracted.

However, the damage was already done. The World Health Organization suspended trials immediately after the study published in Lancet. Switzerland, which had been using the treatment, prohibited the use of the drug in COVID-19 shortly after that on May 27th. The retraction was so stealth that the ban was not lifted in Switzerland until June 11th.

This window allowed French researchers to analyze what happened in the entire population of COVID-19 patients during the ban. They used the case fatality rate (CFR) as the measure observed. The graph is stunning.

hydroxychloroquine

It also the only period where the Swiss CFR approached or exceeded that in France where there has been no use of hydroxychloroquine outside a few isolated trials.

hydroxychloroquine

The CFR returned to the highest level it had been since early in the pandemic at over 15%. Upon resumption of treatment with hydroxychloroquine, it returned to below 5%. A statistical analysis of the data:

• Kidlicious
        Kidlicious commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang. The graphs don't come up.

• The Professor at Yale is a hack and has been debunked... but I'm sure you will keep bringing him up since you have no real evidence to support your claims.
      All you can provide is anecdotal evidence... no scientific or real evidence
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1596119140010.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	9394373

Comment

• Kidlicious
          Kidlicious commented
          Editing a comment
          This is what happened in Switzerland when HCQ was banned.

• Kidlicious
          Kidlicious commented
          Editing a comment
          You should look at the other graph from the article that compares Switzerland to France where no HCQ was given. I can't upload it.

• Just more anecdotal evidence, and it comes from that debunked article
        Let us know when you have some hard evidence...
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• The USA will be first in safety! We will all be wearing goggles now, thanks to Dr. Fauci!

You get what you deserve.

Dr. Anthony Fauci suggested that people wear goggles or face shields as an added measure of protection against contracting the coronavirus, according to a report. “If you have goggles or an e…

Comment

• Gee... Typical Trumpette...
            People are dying in the this country due to Trump, and all you want to do is pick on medical experts
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Unfortuantely the second wave is here. (on a european level) There's no denying.
              Masks everywhere and in supermarkets. 150 euros fine

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                Unfortuantely the second wave is here. (on a european level) There's no denying.
                Masks everywhere and in supermarkets. 150 euros fine
                Same here. Luckily Trump has not refused to wear goggles yet. If they ask him why he isn't wearing goggles you will all be wearing goggles too.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep moving those goalposts!

• Second-quarter GDP plunges 32.9%, worst decline on record

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...line-on-record

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• https://twitter.com/AK4WA/status/128...941381641?s=09

Fauci knew that HCQ works the whole time, but now we might have to wear goggles with our face masks.

Comment

• "Hiccups (singultus) are reflex inspiratory movements that involve the swallowing reflex arc and can be classified as acute (<48 h) or persistent (>48 h). A 62-year-old man with no history of malignancy or pulmonary disease presented to the Emergency Department with a four-day history of persistent hiccups. Other than episodic hiccupping, his physical examination was otherwise unremarkable. An abnormal chest X-ray led to a CT scan of the chest with IV contrast, which demonstrated regional, peripheral groundglass opacities of the upper lobes with small focal groundglass opacities scattered throughout the lungs. He was tested for COVID-19 per admission protocol, started on hydroxychloroquine, his hiccups improved, and he was discharged to home after 3 days. An emergency medicine physician should keep COVID-19 on the differential and be vigilant of exposure in atypical presentations."

-Abstract from NIH paper

Comment

• Ohio reverses ban on HCQ

Comment

• Kidiot... the king of using anecdotal evidence while ignoring actual and properly done scientific studies...
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Anecdotal evidence is evidence. Appealing to authority is not.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dude, anecdotal evidence is a single story. If someone learns Spanish and their cancer goes into remission, that's an anecdote. But it is NOT evidence that foreign language instruction cures cancer. Similarly, if someone doesn't die from Covid, it doesn't mean that the treatment regimen their doctor used should be adopted by everyone. (God, it's like trying to explain things to a 2nd-grader.)
                          Last edited by -Jrabbit; July 31, 2020, 11:30.

• N35t0r
                          N35t0r commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Can confirm, my father knew spanish but died of cancer.
                      Working...
                      X