This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky
    I'm actually surprised that no one has blamed it on 'bat boy'. Since World News closed down, we haven't had informative articles on what the Boy (Boe) family has been up to..
    The WWN and Bat-Boy are alive and well. WWN maintains a page on FB https://www.facebook.com/weeklyworldnews/

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      Finally, a reliable news source.

• bebro's avatar is a shark-bird wearing a mask being attacked by coronavirus.
    This is so funny, he's not german.

Comment

• Provost Harrison
      Provost Harrison commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a dark secret about Germany, and having spent many years there I discovered it. They're actually quite funny

• Meanwhile, most of the US is reopening, still with limits on gathering size and social distancing, um, semi-required in most places. Each state is different, so the potential for new hotspots is significant.

Death toll is at 105,000 trending slightly downward but still averaging over 1,000 more dead per day.

Total cases in US is over 1.8 million - roughly 30% of the global total - with daily additions fairly stable at "only" about 20,000 or so per day.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ouch, 1000 a day is approximately twice the total since the start here. Add to that, the current death toll is 0-1 a day, and from yesterday we open up for Norwegians, germans and icelandics for holidays.

Well, the show isn't over so it might get up again over the next 6-12 months.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Well, at least the curve was flattened enough that the medical facilities were not overwhelmed outside NYC area and a couple other hotspots.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I know some of you stubborn/cheap bastards are running Commodore 64s with cassette drives from 1982, but for you ballers out there with dual 2080s, you can donate your spare computing capacity to help the Folding@home team with researching Covid-19:

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker View Post
            I know some of you stubborn/cheap bastards are running Commodore 64s with cassette drives from 1982, but for you ballers out there with dual 2080s, you can donate your spare computing capacity to help the Folding@home team with researching Covid-19:

https://foldingathome.org/
            Pffffft! I'm posting on an altair 8800.
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Ted Striker
              Ted Striker commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn. You win. You got that assembly language going too?

• Is it just me or are there a lot of parallels between the situation around the virus and Jaws?

Y'know, like:

"Close the beaches, there's a huge shark in the water eating ppl alive!"

"Bah, but it's summer, what about the economy?!"

"At least give out shark masks. If everyone looks like a shark them real sharkses may get confused!"

"Sissy! Ppl die anyway, what's the diff between being eaten alive now or dieing when you're old and grey?!"

"Well, you may only die when you're old and grey then, not now."

"Oh shutTF up, will you please!"
            Blah

Comment

• Ted Striker
              Ted Striker commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s true, people are fighting for their right to use the beach. There’s better things worth dying over lol

• Ah the good old days of last week.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Can't believe the pandemic shows that the likes of Trump, Putin, Bolsonaro etc are essentially empty suits when they need to deal with a real crisis that cannot be solved by chest-thumping or pointing fingers to the other side of the pol. spectrum.

Could almost think the virus is entirely unimpressed by all that noise. Who would have guessed?

It could be all so amusing if it wasn't having real consequences on real people.
              Blah

Comment

• MOBIUS
                MOBIUS commented
                Editing a comment
                Who'd a thunk it?

• Calling KH, calling KH...

'Can't quite believe it': New Zealand tiptoes towards elimination of coronavirus

Who would have thought that such a simple solution could eradicate the virus...!?
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Umh. Denmark had lockdown. Sweden did not lockdown.

Denmark had far fewer casualties on a per capita basis.

Comment

• Yeah, weird how that happens...?
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• His premise is they will get it again in the fall and then they will be sorry, you'll see.

Comment

• In Star Trek they would have dev'd a vaccine by now
                      Blah

Comment

Working...
                      X