This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
    I think the virus offers some great new opportunities for conspiracy theorists.
    It's been the gift that keeps on giving. Personally, I just blame 5G :-D
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
      South Korea - no new local cases. Total deaths to date 246.

Well done, so far.

Vis a vis: Johnson and Trump claim they’ve (UK and USA) been doing fantastic work and the world is looking at their successes in containment. Over 85k recorded deaths and counting.
      Although the government response is a significant factor, I cannot help but think the attitudes of people in both countries is a factor and their distrust of authority or just downright stupidity in disrespecting advice. Anecdotally of course, but I'm lead to believe that the number of people flouting the lockdown has been happening...and perhaps cabin fever kicking in too...but it will mean rates will spike more (although with that said, in the UK we have no idea, really, of the number of people who have already been infected). So for various reasons a bit of a disaster.

I can say for a fact that when police are missing the point too (threatening to search through people's baskets of shopping when in fact buying items branded as "luxuries" is fine providing it is done when essentials are bought) then it does undermine the whole strategy and a better explanation of why what is being done is being done needs to be done. For example, Trump being a monumental ****wit does not help in the slightest.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I'm enjoying the recent bad covid jokes.

1. Have you heard the Covid joke? It will take a while, but I think you'll get it eventually
        2. Why did the chicken cross the road? It was socially distancing responsibly
        3. Since the lockdown, I've limited myself to telling inside jokes.
        4. Who bought up all the toilet paper? As-holes.

etc. etc..
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I changed my avatar since masks are compulsory now /always sooo desparate to get attention
          Blah

Comment

• In the US, it would appear that people have decided that 60,000 lives is a fair trade for being able to relax social distancing behavior.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I suspect they may get more than they bargained for.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe most won’t really mind if it does turn out to be more.

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, well, everyone enjoys the luxury of being cavalier until it's personal. Found out today that a friend in NYC just lost her Mom to Covid-19.

• Whereas Australia and New Zealand are already talking about reinstating international travel between each other. I'm sure the 'safe zone' will extend across the West Pacific to include Taiwan and South Korea - maybe even China too...

KH before he disappeared talked about NZ relying on tourism - imagine NZ and OZ being the only places open for tourism for 1.4bn people...

I know which model I'd prefer...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

Hm, a full week since the last KH sighting, with job losses now over 30MM. I would think he'd be here promoting Remsidivir as reason to open up the world to the virus...
                Maybe he's lost his job?

Would be kind of apt being a victim of his own type of ruthlessness.*

It's not like he was doing anything useful to society...

*Not that I wish he's lost his job, I might add!* Just commenting on the irony if he had.

Take note: Elokizeal/Lorielok

Comment

• It looks like the first case in France actually happened back in December and no one knew about it for months.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• So what is up with the surgeon general saying masks make it more likely people will catch the CCP virus?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                      Whereas Australia and New Zealand are already talking about reinstating international travel between each other. I'm sure the 'safe zone' will extend across the West Pacific to include Taiwan and South Korea - maybe even China too...

KH before he disappeared talked about NZ relying on tourism - imagine NZ and OZ being the only places open for tourism for 1.4bn people...

I know which model I'd prefer...
                      Communist China is a virus hot spot. The CCP has just made it illegal to accurately report infection and death numbers.

Comment

• Oerdin, you're like Trump's loyal little sock puppet

Also, stop stating the obvious with 'Communist' China. We all know it's Communist.

Maybe I'll start saying 'Dumb C*unt USA' as well...?

And Dumb C*nt UK while we're at it...

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/europ...ntl/index.html

The list of symptoms are getting longer. Strokes in younger folk, blood clots and odd rashes, and now in Russia, defenestration.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Maybe they had just complained publicly earlier about the situation.
                            Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              So what is up with the surgeon general saying masks make it more likely people will catch the CCP virus?
                              He's lying to the masses in an attempt to stop them from using precious N95 masks that are needed by healthcare workers.

Comment

Working...
                              X