This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    They didn't look into the necessary treatment, they looked at her medical history and figured that what was wrong with her was serious (and it was, once she got them to find out what it was) and just gave her palliative care.

And from talking to my Russian friends, they did get different treatment than what I heard from my speaking to my Swedish friends (more like the level of interest, even the worst treatment I have heard about in Sweden is better than 'average' treatment in the US).

JM
    This simply does not compute.

As a dane I of course consider swedes evil, but when that is said, I also have swedish ancestries and relatives over there so I have a good idea about their way of thinking - it's actually quite scandinavian. Swedes do not have a policy saying that people above a specific age don't get an ordinary treatment such as a ventilator. That would in many ways be considered insane since a cheap and simple treatment would save a life.

I'm quite sure that neither the swedes, nor the norweigans or the finns, icelandics and danes would consider a general limit for use of a ventilator reasonable. I'm pretty sure that both the general populations and the common parties in mentioned countries would find such a general limit quite crazy. Of course there could be extremist right/left wingers or economists that could have such idea, but they are for certain minorities.

Neither your stories about immigrants in sweden compute in any way. Swedes have a, even in scandianvian way, a very open policy for such and don't differ these from other people. If that happend it would end up as headlines in swedish news.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Double double
      Last edited by Ted Striker; April 21, 2020, 23:20.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Double
        Last edited by Ted Striker; April 21, 2020, 23:20.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I meant level of health, not age.

For immigrants, I am sure it is not a policy but rather the result of unspoken bias.

I enjoyed the two years I lived in Sweden, and, if it was a better fit for the family I hoped to have, would have wanted to remain there.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• pchang
            pchang commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s good to be white.

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            Currently in at least 3 Canadian provinces, including the one I reside in, international students, immigrants, and refugees are completely covered for testing, care, and treatment. Post discharge meds are not covered though.

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post

Worst policy decision in a generation. Worse than the Iraq war, worse than the ECB's insane decision to tighten rates during the crisis. Worse than the decision to greenlight The Jersey Shore.
          The policy failure wasn't the decision to quarantine (which is a practice that has worked literally for thousands of years). I would agree with you if the below items didn't happen, but they did, hence, there was no choice by the time the virus was propagating. The biggest failures occurred before the virus even broke out.

Even in computer systems that get infected, everything has to go offline until the threat can be neutralized. Unfortunately, we can't reinstall people.

The failures are the following, in order:

1) Chinese Communist Party failing to end the wet markets, which they were warned about and begged to shutdown. This could have dramatically reduced animal to human transmission. It's just like in the Middle East, which sells camel meat and is responsible for MERS, and the same damn thing that happened with SARS. They had over a decade to do this !

2) USA (TRUMP SPECIFICALLY) dismantling the global pandemic teams. In addition, Trump can blame the WHO all he wants, but he did not confirm our representative to the WHO for over three years! Even though the US and its western allies spend the most on the WHO, he set the stage for Chinese Communist Party subversion. Don't underestimate the power of CCP bribes!

3) Chinese Communist Party government resorting to age old suppression tactics. COVID-19 was known about in NOVEMBER! That's almost half a damn year ago! Instead of containing the virus and asking for help, they decided to arrest the whistle-blowers to save face and pretend nothing was going on.

4) Chinese Communist Party government allowed travel during the busiest migration in the entire world during Chinese New Year, allowing millions to leave Wuhan, and basically spreading the virus world wide.

5) USA government wasted TWO+ MONTHS screwing around before shutting down everything.

6) USA government's lack of a social safety net. We wouldn't be having this conversation right now, but the a-holes IN YOUR CITY dictate the policy to the rest of the country. And that policy is, make sure Wall Street doesn't die so Koch family can get another yacht this year. Had all these stimulus packages put in job protections/incentives, along with mortgage relief, you woudln't even be feeling so much anxiety. Instead it's a slush fund for more capital pools that sit off on the side and benefit a bunch of sociopath clowns that don't give a damn about anyone outside of their ivory tower.

Trump and Emperor Xi's heads need to be put on a pike.

How about put these two in a ring and let them fight to the death?

The winner gets to spend the rest of his life in prison as an example of what not to do.

Comment

• In a cage match like that, my money would be on Xi.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Solid pick.

Neither one is much of a physical specimen, but I would take Xi's daddy/anger issues over Trump's narcissism.

Trump would be like one of those fake "masters" who has never tested himself in a real fight, a legend in his own head.
              Last edited by Ted Striker; April 22, 2020, 01:21.

Comment

• society should stay shut down and the old world institutions public and private should learn that they are history
                Dodos
                and have no power

Comment

• life is a coronavirus thread

Comment

• I just bought every bit of available hydroxycitinchloroquinegloriopharmheptarepinox
                    Blah

Comment

• First deaths in the US now suggest that the virus arrived in the US during the Christmas season. This likely means that it was a lot more prevalent than initially known.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Thanks Obama!
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• UN says the global shut down has put an additional 130 million people on the brink of starvation with that number set to skyrocket the longer the economy remains shut down.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• It's already ridiculous for the US to shut down. When countries like India shut down it's a human tragedy, and either driven by the same germaphobia of the developed world, or another example of premature imitation
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Did the shut down have any impact on agricultural output?

Comment

Working...
                              X