Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess everyone who missed out on toilet roll got butt-hurt and are busy arming up!

US sales of guns and ammunition soar amid coronavirus panic buying

Long lines and ‘massive rush’ reported at gun stores across America: ‘People feel the need to protect themselves and their families’
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

And Trudeau closes our borders all foreigner except the ones we share a land border with and who are ****ing up their response to Covid 19 by the numbers.

****ing idiot.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
        And Trudeau closes our borders all foreigner except the ones we share a land border with and who are ****ing up their response to Covid 19 by the numbers.

****ing idiot.
        Pretty sure that will be temporary, and the border will close. His words in respect of the U.S. were "at this time". As soon as it is practical, the border will close or have severe restrictions is my guess.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

Pretty sure that will be temporary, and the border will close. His words in respect of the U.S. were "at this time". As soon as it is practical, the border will close or have severe restrictions is my guess.
          I hope so and I hope it happens soon. Their reported cases are exploding and I have no expectation that Trump is competent to manage this crisis.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post

Mother Nature couldn't have designed a better virus if she tried: something that leaves the young untouched and basically targets baby boomers and above - the very people most responsible for our impending climate catastrophe are facing a literal decimation for their crimes...

Conservative estimate of deaths worldwide: ~60m, give or take. Any other estimates...?

I hereby dub this pandemic 'Gaiavirus'

If your sheepfriends were at risk from this virus you would soon stop chortling and start getting really worried.

Comment

I'm not laughing actually. The west is fatally complacent - the moment it escaped the far east I knew we were doomed to a pandemic. Our capitalist societies are so blinded to avarice - we can't help but prioritise profit in face of calamity despite all the obvious warnings the virus was rapidly (****ing exponentially - it's basic maths!) spreading...

Same with climate change.

Anyway, now the baby boomers have a real reason to be scared of millennials...!

Anyway, at least you don't have a buffoon in charge who was so hell bent on saving the economy that he wanted to steam our country headlong into embracing a pandemic!

Or **** Trump who appears to be presiding over a panicking country that looks like it's in danger of collapsing into a survivalist bloodbath!

Your climate change denying **** who fiddled while half his country burned is small beer to them...

Comment

​​​​​​Every country for itself!

The Chinese will be the winners of this in light of the vacuum of leadership from the US - mark my words...

Comment

Video emerges showing Trump talking about cutting pandemic team in 2018, despite saying last week 'I didn't know about it'

Video appears to contradict president's claim of ignorance about the cuts

A video has emerged of Donald Trump talking about cutting the US pandemic response team in 2018 – days after claiming that he knew nothing about the disbanded White House unit.

Mr Trump said of the pandemic team that “some of the people we’ve cut they haven’t been used for many, many years and if we ever need them we can get them very quickly and rather then spending the money”.

“I’m a business person, I don’t like having thousands of people around when you don’t need them,” he added.

The US president has come under fire in recent days for his decision to disband the National Security Council directorate at the White House responsible for planning the US’s preparedness for future pandemics.

The unit had been established by the previous White House administration in 2014 after the outbreak of Ebola.

A former director of the unit, Dr Beth Cameron, used an op-ed in The Washington Post to say that “it is clear that eliminating the office has contributed to the federal government’s sluggish domestic response".

In a press conference on Friday, Mr Trump denied knowing anything about the cuts in 2018 when questioned by Yamiche Alcindor, a reporter for PBS.

After denying that his administration was responsible for any failures in the roll-out of American coronavirus testing, Alcindor had asked Mr Trump: “You said that you don’t take responsibility, but you did disband the White House pandemic office, and the officials that were working in that office left this administration abruptly. So what responsibility do you take to that?”

The US president responded by saying: “Well, I just think it’s a nasty question ...You say we did that, I don’t know anything about it.”
                  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9405191.html

This guy hates Obama so much he dismantled a pandemic response team just because it was created under Obama.

Comment

Of coiurse. Trump has the mental maturity of a little spoiled brat ... I thought that would already be known to everyone (except for Kid, of course)
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The leadership of our country is just as capable of being as stupid as the US: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...hOF34SXJc7vKTQ

Apparently the clue of doing the exact opposite to everyone else wasn't seen as something to consider

Why are all our leaders such dumb ****s?

Wait, I know that answer - dumb ****s elected them!

Comment

​​​​​​Every country for itself!

The Chinese will be the winners of this in light of the vacuum of leadership from the US - mark my words...
                        They actually suck just as bad as the US if not worse. It's just a different version of suck that goes back to the Bad Emperor problem and they currently have a really bad Emperor. Everything has been moving backwards there as all the Deng Xiaopeng democratic reforms have been rolled back and they focus on the age old oppression tactics. They really blew it with Hong Kong and the Corona virus handling pushed their credibility down to Trump levels.

Speaking of Trump, even moderate Americans support his hard stance against China and feel like it's been way overdue, even those that hate the guy.

What they did do right though was go around the world and buying up votes like in Africa by subsidizing all kinds of projects at the expense of their own people.

There's a massive leadership vacuum in the world now and nobody to fill it.

Dare I say only Merkel is the only bastion capable of holding it together but we see all the cracks forming even there with social unrest and even intra-Euro squabbling still with north and south resenting each other.

Vikings do a great job but they are homogeneous countries with little world influence.

I dunno who that leaves. Maybe the Finns can rescue us all. But they are too introverted to be bothered and would rather play sauna Molkky.
                        Last edited by Ted Striker; March 17, 2020, 21:21.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post

I hope so and I hope it happens soon. Their reported cases are exploding and I have no expectation that Trump is competent to manage this crisis.
                          President Trump and Canadian PM Justin Trudeau agree that all but essential travel should cease.

US President Donald Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau have agreed to close the US-Canada border to all non-essential travel in an attempt to curb the spread of coronavirus.

"We will be, by mutual consent, temporarily closing our Northern Border with Canada," Mr Trump tweeted.

Comment

• Thoth
                            Thoth commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This was welcome news.

Canada has scrrewed the pooch at it's borders on this. Still no mandatory testing for incoming passengers at Pearson. You can get off an airplane and onto a bus with no test so long as you have no symptoms. :banghead:

Wow, that hoax in the US appears to be taking off bigly!

Better hope you can flatten off that curve very quickly indeed, or serious numbers of people are going to die!

Great job Trump, great job...

Last edited by MOBIUS; March 18, 2020, 19:24.

Comment

My wife's uncle has just tested positive and is not doing well, but not hospitalized and hopefully won't need to be, but it's usually week 2 that complications occur.. His wife, two daughters and son-in-law are all now showing symptoms. Official statistics have under 200 cases in Ontario. They likely got it in the U.S., from where they just returned.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                              -Jrabbit commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Sorry to hear this, Dauphin.

• Thoth
                              Thoth commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Wow, that hoax in the US appears to be taking off bigly!

Better hope you can flatten off that curve very quickly indeed, or serious numbers of people are going to die!

Great job Trump, great job...

It was trump who gave us the word "bigly".

Comment

Working...
                            X