• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

Let me get this straight:

1: Fact, EU chicken causes food borne illness five times more often than American chicken
    2: Counterfact: Figures taken from the US Food and Drug Administration and the UK's Food Standards Agency show 14.7 per cent of the US population suffer from a food-borne illness each year, versus 1.5 per cent in the UK.
    3: Stop changing the subject!
    Yes, because total food borne illness does not equal chicken safety and most of that happens after consumers buy it.

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    As for the retarded accusation of “racism”; I will point out that it was our Greek post who actually got permabanned for using racial slurs. I would also point out that I was one of several people who campaigned to reverse that perma ban so that he was only banned for a year or so instead of forever.

So he seems to be projecting his own faults on other people here.
    This is true.
    I give you a hard time but in a deep level I don't dislike you at all. On the contrary I feel some connection in some subjects. And yes, you are for the freedom of speech a unique and powerful american attribute that I like. Maybe focus on the EE UU strenghts.
    And true that you lobbied for my re-habilitation. A very noble deed. It showed me my friends

Leave a comment:

• Dauphin
    replied

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion about chicken and amounts to an attempt to change the subject.
    Let me get this straight:

1: Fact, EU chicken causes food borne illness five times more often than American chicken
    2: Counterfact: Figures taken from the US Food and Drug Administration and the UK's Food Standards Agency show 14.7 per cent of the US population suffer from a food-borne illness each year, versus 1.5 per cent in the UK.
    3: Stop changing the subject!

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    As for the retarded accusation of “racism”; I will point out that it was our Greek post who actually got permabanned for using racial slurs. I would also point out that I was one of several people who campaigned to reverse that perma ban so that he was only banned for a year or so instead of forever.

So he seems to be projecting his own faults on other people here.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by BeBro View Post
    Dauphin's post was about US food poisoning/illnesses/more cases, and he linked to an article comparing official US and UK stats for this assessment. This has nothing to do with them chicken not sold in the UK.

Since you care so much about facts, here's the relevant part, just for you:
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion about chicken and amounts to an attempt to change the subject.

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    And of course the best and healthiest food inside Europe itself is greek

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    I also read the other comments.
    Jesus. DId dinner just tried to claimt hat US food is better than european food?
    The mind explodes of such nonsense.
    Regulations protect the customer. American deregulation make millions of homeless which eat eachother without any regard for public gastronomical safety.

It is like a concentrated intense kind of stupid with dinner. He takes matters that europe is undoubtably superior and tries to say that the shipwreck that is US (or Kenhys or other countries) is better.

At least say something about the grand canyon, something where you can win.

AMerica has frankestein food full of cancer and everyone knows that,
    Europe has regulations that proctect the customer and actually needs even more

ANd about the UK. Alas, the dealdy coronovirus of neoliberalism has long killed that nation. THutcher butchered it and then those that could actually do something good like blair put the nails in the coffin instead of trying to revive it.

UK didn;t just die. It had died long ago. I feel for the educated, thinking people of the UK but alas populism has won.

Now, with people like dinner as your only ally the sea surface will go furhter and further up while you sink deeper

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    Let's face it, the EU is such a failed **** show that it would be almost impossible to do worse. With deregulation and new trade deals the UK is going to see a boom. It will take 5-10 years for everything to be put in place but Boris seems to be doing all the right things. His new infrastructure plan sounds great, I especially like the idea of the Scotland to Northern Ireland bridge, I can remember discussing such a possibility for such a bridge here at Apolyton many moons back.
    You know , it's not that dinner is wrong and stupid (and racist etc etc). Most american soldiers are probably very dumb.
    That's not what icks me. On the contrary it is entertaining like watching an agin vinyl stuck on the same loop.
    What bothers me is that at one point in time I stood for a second and for a very brief moment contemplated wether he was right. Granded it was in the depth of the greek crisis something unprecedented since WW2, a huge 25% drop in GDP a vicious intense crisis.
    And only under those circumstances I gave Dinner's oipinions the benefit of the doubt for axxproximately 2 seconds. That's how much they were worth
    And still I will always blame myself for that,

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    Dauphin's post was about US food poisoning/illnesses/more cases, and he linked to an article comparing official US and UK stats for this assessment. This has nothing to do with them chicken not sold in the UK.

Since you care so much about facts, here's the relevant part, just for you:

Figures taken from the US Food and Drug Administration and the UK's Food Standards Agency show 14.7 per cent of the US population suffer from a food-borne illness each year, versus 1.5 per cent in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Fact in response to his smear about “chlorinated chicken”.

Leave a comment:

• giblets
    replied
    Nationalistic chest-beating over chicken and eggs

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    commented on 's reply
    You are wrong, Dinner. US regulations are, overall, weak and often unenforced. I avoid most meat in the US, especially chicken.

• Dinner
    replied
    Right now US chicken is blocked for sale in the entire EU so your assertion makes no sense.The fact is US chicken is safer in every way and causes far less food borne illness. It is safer, costs way less, and actually tastes better to boot. **** feces covered EU chicken.

EU eggs are **** and cost too much too.
    Last edited by Dinner; February 13, 2020, 11:41.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    commented on 's reply
    An American fact is invalid outside of America. Trump smart, dumbass.

• Dauphin
    replied

Fact, EU chicken causes food borne illness five times more often than American chicken.
    Wrong way around. US food causes more food poisoning, at about 10 times. For the U.K. at least it would appear.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/food-poi...today-uk-88021

Leave a comment:

Working...
X