• Dinner
    replied
    Did that at the time. They ignored me.

Leave a comment:

• Wernazuma III
    replied
    Originally posted by giblets View Post
    Yeah, something like Civ2 but better
    We should make a wishlist of things we want to see in Civ3!!

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Tried Civ 3. Epic fail. Love Civ II.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    I still say dos box.

Leave a comment:

• Broken_Erika
    replied
    Test of Time Patch Project is good.
    More units, more terrains, more events....
    Sorry to clog the forums but I think Garfield and I each need a place to put our own notes and also to discuss the game with any of you who are interested in having a conversation. Turn 1 overview:

Leave a comment:

• giblets
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    Should have really managed to produce a Civ 3 in all those yrs. Lazy bastards

Leave a comment:

• Broken_Erika
    replied
    It's weird that they haven't re-released it for download through something like Steam.
    GoG has it, actually they may have fixed the psychedelic colours that i got trying to run it on any OS newer than XP......
    Being the Dungeon Keeper and all, this is your home, too. And it’s your business to take

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Have you tried dos box?

Leave a comment:

• giblets
    replied
    It's weird that they haven't re-released it for download through something like Steam.

Leave a comment:

• Broken_Erika
    replied
    An XP Partition would be ideal, then you can play Dungeon Keeper.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    It's not hard. Just follow the steps. There just one game I haven't been able to get to work on my newer computer and that's KOTOR due to the graphics issue. I've considered doing that or making a partition with win 7 on my win 10 machine so that I can play everything. How are you doing braindead?

Leave a comment:

• Egbert
    replied
    All that tech stuff confuses me so i go buy an old second hand computer, with an obsolete version of Windows, to play old games.

The second hand computer costs me about A$80 Australian.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    started a topic How to get Civ2 working in Windows 10.

How to get Civ2 working in Windows 10.

There are a few new problems that have cropped up that weren't present in Windows 7 that anyone who wants to play civ2 has to do to get the program. First off you need the patched version that allows you to enter in city names.

Hi guys, I released a new version of my patcher. I added some improvements, mostly for users that needed to patch the process in-memory. -- Changes -- - Removed the "Patch Process" button - Changed the exe file icon. - Added a "Donate" button. About the changes -- Patch Process...

This is mastermind's Civ 2 patcher for 65 bit OSes. Worked fine with windows 7, but you'll still need it to get Civ 2 working in windows 10.

After you've patched your version, you'll get a Civ2 without wonder videos or heralds.

The issue here is a documented change in Windows 10 to depreciate the indeo video drivers. I had a file up here with the drivers for those lacking them, but that file with the indeo drivers, can be found here:

Free & Fast Downloads for Ligos Indeo Codec 5.11: download the latest versions of Ligos Indeo Codec

These are the correct Indeo Codecs.

However, once you're done installing the Indeo drivers, you're not yet done. You're going to have to re-enable them as Windows 10 actually depreciates them entirely.

To do so, follow the instructions in this forum thread here:

I came across my old copy of Civ2, the one that doesn't require the cd to play and had a frustrating time trying to get it to run on my XP Pro, when I used to play it all the time. I'd done a fresh install and got the error message about getting the last version of the Indeo Codecs, which I...

And follow Foxahead's post.

And there you go. All the wonder videos and CIv2 the way it was meant to be played.

Working...
X