Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne says he got 'fishy' orders from Peter Strzok; former acting AG unsure of claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne says he got 'fishy' orders from Peter Strzok; former acting AG unsure of claims

I'm hearing that he was a n actual informant and that he is cooperating with DoJ. His story is incredible.

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

I can't copy paste the txt for some reason. It's better to listen to the interview in the link.

Comment

Z is Comey

Comment

They wanted Hillary because they had dirt on her

Comment

Butina's lawyer says everything he said that has to do with her is backed up by her testimony. He says that Byrne gave the FBI exculpatory evidence that the FBI was required to give him by law but failed to do so.

Comment

I read your link and now I know why you didn't quote it

Comment

The copy paste didn't work. What's your point?

Comment

Oh, you're right... My point is I'm looking for the point and didn't see one in the article. I saw his interview and he wouldn't get specific about the nature of the scandal

Comment

He doesn't know everything. He was just telling what he thinks was going on.

Comment

The FBI is still trying to keep this covered up. I don't know why Trump doesn't fire the Director again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      The copy paste didn't work. What's your point?
                      Moron

Overstock founder and CEO Patrick Byrne, who resigned Thursday amid ties to a government probe related to the 2016 election, claimed he received "fishy" orders from former FBI official Peter Strzok.

Byrne said Thursday on "The Story" he'd helped the federal government with investigations twice in the past, including to "help them take down people on Wall Street."

Several years after Byrne's last contact with the government, he said FBI officials reached out to him in 2016.

"I was given some fishy orders and I carried them out in 2015-2016, thinking I was conducting law enforcement," he said.

OVERSTOCK CEO PATRICK BYRNE RESIGNS AMID RUSSIAN SPY LINK, 'DEEP STATE' COMMENTS

Overstock CEO resigns after disclosing romance with Russian agentVideo
                      He claimed people who he characterized as "the Men in Black" came to him and asked him "for this third favor."

Byrne clarified to host Martha MacCallum that FBI rank-and-file were "barely involved" in what he alleged transpired.

"It's all the top [people]," he said.

"I didn't know who sent the orders, but I did them. Last summer, watching television and some congressional hearings, I figured out where these orders came from. They came from a guy named Peter Strzok." Byrne also named other individuals, with MacCallum reminding him those officials or former officials worked at the FBI.

Strzok was removed from Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation over anti- Trump text messages he traded with his mistress, Lisa Page. He was fired from the FBI in August of 2018.

FLASHBACK: FBI FIRES PETER STRZOK, MONTHS AFTER ANTI-TRUMP TEXTS REVEALED

Gregg Jarrett: 'Clueless' Peter Strzok doesn't have a case to get his job backVideo
                      MacCallum asked Byrne what Strzok purportedly asked him to do. Byrne did not describe specific actions he was allegedly told to take, but characterized them as "political espionage."

The former CEO added that he began a relationship with Maria Butina, a Russian national currently serving prison time in the U.S. for failing to register as a foreign agent.

Byrne said that all of the purported information he gleaned from his experiences ultimately landed in the hands of Connecticut U.S. Attorney John Durham, who has been conducting an investigation into the origins of the Russia probe at the behest of Attorney General William Barr.

Last month, Byrne disclosed he was involved in an FBI probe into the Russia investigation and admitted to having a relationship with Butina. In an Aug.12 statement, he said it was the third time in his life that he "helped the Men in Black: the first was when my friend [former NBA player] Brian Williams was murdered, and the second was when I helped the M.I.B. shake up Wall Street a decade ago."

After Byrne's interview, MacCallum asked former Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker to respond to the former business executive's claims.

"He's describing it like he was being used as a source and being inserted into a situation by the feds, and there are protocols for handling sources," Whitaker said. "All of this can be corroborated. That's the key. This whole situation has to be corroborated and the nice thing about John Durham is that he has the full picture of everything that was feeding into this investigation."

When asked by MacCallum whether Byrne appeared credible, the former Iowa federal prosecutor said he was unsure.

"It's hard for me to say," he remarked.

Fox News' Martha MacCallum and Fox Business Network's Jonathan Garber contributed to this report.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He isn't clear about who he's is accusing of this. It's atleast 4 people though. Brennan, Comey and Strzok are 3 and he names someone else too.

Comment

Im glad Wall Street got shaken up. I had been under the misconception that they had gotten away with all the fraud, but this detailed article make clear that something supposedly happened. Case closed!

Comment

During Butina's trial her lawyer requested Brady material, that they had a right to. He said that he believed that Byrne was an informant. Government denied that he was an informant.

Comment

Working...
                            X