In Denmark, Bewilderment and Anger Over Trump’s Canceled Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

No. I'm serious. Do you think in business that you can call people's proposals absurd? I don't know how you get along over there.
    Considering that we talk about inhabited territory (something like 50k people) it actually is absurd ...
    we don't have the 19th or beginning 20th century anymore where people (and/or their homes) are subject to the nobles of their country and could be sold by them
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Considering that we talk about inhabited territory (something like 50k people) it actually is absurd ...
      we don't have the 19th or beginning 20th century anymore where people (and/or their homes) are subject to the nobles of their country and could be sold by them
      They are a territory, just like Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is still Puerto Rico regardless of who's territory it is. They make their own laws. But if they don't want to be the territory of another country then fine, we don't sell. Nothing to get your underwear in a twist about.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

This seems to crop up every several decades, and the answer is always the same.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

They are a territory, just like Puerto Rico.
          That is where Trump and his henchmen (including Kiddy) get it all wrong - greenland is not a territory like Puerto Rico and that is one of the reasons the suggestion is absurd.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Germany likes to buy the states of Pennsylvania, Delaware, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado and Wyoming.

Seems like those are all states with a majority of people with german ancestry:

Do we get a volume fiscount?
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Almost all of those states voted Trump in 2016, and I suspect 5 or 6 of them will still vote for him in 2020.

• Proteus_MST
              Proteus_MST commented
              Editing a comment
              O.K., sounds like buying those states would be a very bad deal then ... probably resulting in the AfD getting elected the first time those states will be allowed to vote in the german elections.
              I thinbk I will withdraw my offer to purchase those states, then ... unless Trump gives me a very good price

Nazi
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Germany likes to buy the states of Pennsylvania, Delaware, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado and Wyoming.

15 territories a $100 mill - if you offer $1,2 bill. I guess that Trump will consider that a fair deal. One minor problem - Ming and Rah will become german citizens

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Seems like those are all states with a majority of people with german ancestry:

Just buy everything north of the mason-dixon line.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post

Just buy everything north of the mason-dixon line.
                  Well, according to Proteus map it would make sense if Mexico buys the four territories from Texas to California

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                  X