Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...in the eye of a cosmically immense, blue-eyed giant called Macumber

Here's where all the bees went: into ppl's eyes

A Taiwanese woman was found by doctors to have four small sweat bees living inside her eye, the first such incident on the island.

The 28-year-old woman, identified only as Ms He, was pulling out weeds when the insects flew into her eyes.

Dr Hong Chi Ting of the Fooyin University Hospital told the BBC he was "shocked" when he pulled the 4mm insects out by their legs.

Ms He has now been discharged and is expected to make a full recovery.

Sweat bees, also known as Halictidae, are attracted to sweat and sometimes land on people to imbibe perspiration. They also drink tears for their high protein content, according to a study by the Kansas Entomological Society.

full: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47876130
    Blah

The first incident on the island but not the first incident period :-o

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

thought this was gonna be a thread about the EHT discovery
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        The EHT discovery was truly amazing. It made me think of the Eye of Sauron.

Yeah, I was expecting to see a pic.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
      X