Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner
    replied
    The one thing everyone agrees upon is Corbyn is a clown who can never be trusted.

Leave a comment:

• spambot
    replied
    Hopefully the fallout from this disastrous Brexit leads to Comrade Corbyn becoming PM

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied

Three weeks old but still the best analysis I have seen. On balance, no deal really is the only sensible option.

Leave a comment:

• Dauphin
    replied
    Exports from EU ex UK, to the US are on par with their exports to the UK. About 15% of their total exports.

The UKs largest export market is the EU, by a country mile.

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    No, not really. Yes, Parliament is split but the default position comes in less than 100 days and is no deal brexit. If the EU wants to protect its access to its biggest export market it had better get a hell of a lot more reasonable and accommodating real fast. Otherwise, the UK really will go free trade and the EU will see its market share shrink and shrink and shrink.

You tried sabotage, it failed, you tried subterfuge, that also failed, so how about you try being honest and reasonable? If the EU is even capable of it.
    Bull****.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    No, not really. Yes, Parliament is split but the default position comes in less than 100 days and is no deal brexit. If the EU wants to protect its access to its biggest export market it had better get a hell of a lot more reasonable and accommodating real fast. Otherwise, the UK really will go free trade and the EU will see its market share shrink and shrink and shrink.

You tried sabotage, it failed, you tried subterfuge, that also failed, so how about you try being honest and reasonable? If the EU is even capable of it.

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    No deal is not a majority position in the parliament, which was - yes - overwhelmingly against the deal that was on the table, but otherwise is completely split what it actually should be instead. There are various positions from no deal, no Brexit, delay, this or that model (Canada/Norway/whatever).

No deal remains certainly a possibility, but at this point the matter is simply open. Though if I finally get my iPalantir running I'll tell y'all

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    More BS. if the UK want to leave it's their choice an they must accept the unavoidable terms. The article is totally wrong about the facts unless you are living in a fantasy world.
    It speaks volumes that the EU believes they are so strong as to enforce such provisions. I don't see anywhere in the deal where Britain agreed to these terms. Was it in the joining agreement? Or is this simply a post-hoc reaction to forestall the inevitable?

As it is the leave deal was terrible, and so Britain will leave without a deal. Bad negotiations from the EU.

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    Epic

Leave a comment:

• Dauphin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dauphin
    replied
    He was mocking John Bercow, the speaker of the house. I can only assume you’ve not seen any news coverage from parliament or you would instantly recognise this.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by BeBro View Post

ORDAH!!!
    Huh? I have always been against that horrible deal and still think no deal is a better deal. The EU is a bad faith actor and always has been, they are dead set on making sure no common sense trade deal occurs, so the best option is to just say no deal then wait out the current crop of arrogant incompetents until someone else gets appointed who is interested in a fair deal. I figure next year's recession will likely sharpen their minds and get them to give up the irrational punitive nonsense.

Then the "impossible" will suddenly become possible and everyone will wonder why the **** stain Junckers refused to do such an obviously mutually beneficial deal. I am positive the 30% tax increases will also sharpen minds.

Leave a comment:

• Dauphin
    replied
    I think more the dead parrot skit, except with the twist that the vendor is not lying.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    Theresa May survives yet again. She reminds me of the old guy in the bring out your dead Monty Python skit.

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
    Another record. 230. Hahaha.
    ORDAH!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X