Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeBMan
    replied
    May's speech yesterday about the delay started - surprisingly - only after a delay of some 30 mins.

Leave a comment:

• Dauphin
    replied
    Yes, that’s true to an extent, but it’s a shame that that is said without a flinch of sarcasm or awareness of the irony that the UK has a hereditary head of state who gives assent to all laws and an unelected for life second chamber.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by pchang View Post
    Did Brexit win because Brexiteers convinced retired people that smelly foreigners were coming over to take their jobs?
    Not really. It mostly had to do with the deep unpopularity of the EU for its heavy handedness and complete lack of democratic accountability. It is natural for people to want a representative government which is responsive to and accountable to the voters. Hell, post Brexit UK will probably have very low immigration requirements as the economy requires young workers. That said, they will set the rules which means people who come to work will no doubt be welcomed while those who are unskilled, unemployable, or who just come to mooch off the welfare system will just be shown the door (which is how it should be but which cannot be done inside the EU).

It will take time to hammer out new trade agreements after a no deal Brexit but the medium to long term looks very bright. The alternative is to be forever stuck in slavery unable to make any independent agreements and being totally unable to ever leave as the EU would have a veto over the UK being allowed to leave. That is simply not acceptable to any self respecting person.
    Last edited by Dinner; March 21, 2019, 11:42.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    commented on 's reply
    I’m not sure you could afford the pay cut.

• Dauphin
    replied
    I’d like to steal a retired persons job.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    Did Brexit win because Brexiteers convinced retired people that smelly foreigners were coming over to take their jobs?

Leave a comment:

• Dauphin
    replied
    Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

The Brexit-Hardliners believed that all non EU states would just agree to copy their trade deals with the EU 1:1 to the after-Brexit-UK.
    Surprise ... this hadn't happened ... the UK alone hasn't the negotiation power that the EU has.

The Brexiters have lived in their own alkternate reality, similar to Trump
    The odd thing about the rolling over argument, to me, is why? Why would the U.K. want to roll over a deal designed to help Spanish olive growers, French wine growers, or Greek tax dodgers? Surely a trade deal that protects U.K. interests and applies to the specific U.K. import-export market the counter-country want to target would make more sense - for both parties.

And the lunacy of a Brexiteer talking about unilateral zero tariffs by the U.K. under no deal would lead to free trade agreements. Floored by the question: So why would they negotiate if you’ve already given them trade free access?

Pro-Brexit columnist James Delingpole was left stumped by BBC host Andrew Neil during a grilling over his advocacy for a no deal Brexit on Thursday night.

Leave a comment:

• spambot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
    Do americans even have brains?
    America elected Donald Trump, so no.

Leave a comment:

• I AM MOBIUS
    replied
    Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
    Also, he's probably into asian chicks because they're used to small di!cks.
    4.8"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• I AM MOBIUS
    replied
    Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
    You realize dinner looks exactly like a ridiculous clueless old fart with a touch of racism when it comes to , well virtually everything, but in this instance brexit.
    EU countries can't make indivindual deals. He's attacking the institution that safeguardied peace in europe for 70 years. Plus he's siding with the most vile, xenophobic and clueless fraction of british politics. I don't have a dog but if I did, he'd even know it.
    It's pathetic, riidiculous and obvious. Do americans even have brains?
    Oerdin is acting like a classic gammon: red-faced, crazed, frothing at the mouth, veins bulging - uniting the Europeans against him...

I still don't understand what's got him so deranged that even BK seems sane next to him...?

If he's trying to troll us Europeans, it's failing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    Also, he's probably into asian chicks because they're used to small di!cks.

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    You realize dinner looks exactly like a ridiculous clueless old fart with a touch of racism when it comes to , well virtually everything, but in this instance brexit.
    EU countries can't make indivindual deals. He's attacking the institution that safeguardied peace in europe for 70 years. Plus he's siding with the most vile, xenophobic and clueless fraction of british politics. I don't have a dog but if I did, he'd even know it.
    It's pathetic, riidiculous and obvious. Do americans even have brains?

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    Excellent. It comes from pchang. My point underlined

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    commented on 's reply
    Unintentional comedy gold!

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    dammit, there are people here who are worth listening to.
    Must dinner's innane farts polute every thread?

He's less than relevent

Leave a comment:

Working...
X