Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeBMan
    replied
    He certainly missed the character development of the Hulk in the last Avengers movies

Leave a comment:

• giblets
    replied
    His base of support consists of people who don't read anything that doesn't have pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Broken_Erika
    replied
    Now i have visions of BoJo stripping down to a pair of purple boxer shorts and jumping around parliament screaming "BORIS SMASH!!!"

Leave a comment:

• BlackCat
    replied
    British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has compared himself to The Incredible Hulk in a newspaper interview emphasizing his determination to take Britain out of the European Union next month.

Johnson faces considerable legal and political hurdles but told the Mail on Sunday he will meet the Oct. 31 deadline no matter what.

“The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets,” he told the widely read tabloid, invoking the comic book and film character known for formidable but destructive strength.
    https://apnews.com/f0b281b1c8484607a...source=Twitter

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    I'm afraid the UK parliament faces now a complete breakdown of "Ordah!":

He says he will quit as Speaker and MP at the next election or on 31 October, whichever comes first.

Leave a comment:

• Dauphin
    replied
    Polls also show that if the election is pre 31 Oct Tories win, after, Labour win, because the Brexit Party will cannibalise the Tory vote. Mainly because BoJo will have failed his only PM-election promise. Remain parties win by locking BoJo in a box while the Tories combust.

Leave a comment:

• giblets
    replied
    What did the polls say when May called a snap election?

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    The polls actually show pro-brexit parties leading and labor falling off a cliff while lib dems eat the labor heartland. Why do you suppose Corbyn is desperate to avoid an election?

Leave a comment:

• giblets
    replied
    He's a huckster who built a career partly on pushing this bullsh!t, the best he can hope for is he narrowly loses the election, a labour-snp-lib coalition holds together long enough to revoke article 50, then another election happens.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Even among his family Boris Johnson is the only one who believes, Brexit is a good idea.
    His sister even had to urge him to never ever mention Brexit during family dinners, in order to keep the dinners peaceful

And BoJos brother, who was in the british parliament, quot his position because he saw himself unable to solve the conflict between conscience (i.e. being against Brexit) and the loyality to his brother

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...good-idea.html
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 7, 2019, 14:55. Reason: Forgot the link to the article

Leave a comment:

• giblets
    replied
    Tories win a majority in 2015 and then waste the next five years trying to leave the EU, sad!

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    Originally posted by pchang View Post
    Boris’ plans appear to be blowing up in his face.
    Meanwhile Boris expulsed the rebel alliance, incl. the grand son of well known commie/remainer/Euroweenie Churchill:

LONDON — Rising to speak before a half-empty House of Commons on Wednesday, Nicholas Soames, the grandson of Winston Churchill, choked up, fighting back tears.

Mr. Soames, 71, has served in Parliament for 37 years and is a popular figure, known to have a lively sense of humor. But he now was announcing his decision to retire from politics, a day after Prime Minister Boris Johnson had expelled him from the Conservative Party. He had joined a group of 21 Tory rebels who defied Mr. Johnson on Tuesday night by voting for legislation that would pave the way toward blocking a no-deal Brexit.

“I’m truly very sad that it should end in this way,” Mr. Soames said. “It is my most fervent hope that this house will rediscover the spirit of compromise, humility and understanding that will enable us finally to push ahead with the vital work in the interests of the whole country that has inevitably had to be so sadly neglected whilst we have devoted so much time to wrestling with Brexit.”

If Brexit is shaking the foundations of party politics in Britain, the expulsion and resignation of Mr. Soames is a moment that not long ago would have been unimaginable. It is especially searing given that Mr. Johnson, who cast him aside, considers Churchill one of his greatest heroes, and has written a biography of Britain’s wartime leader.

Mr. Soames, whose mother was Mr. Churchill’s youngest child, said he had voted against the Tory government three times in his 37 years but that this was the first time he had “the whip removed,” meaning he will no longer be allowed to represent his party in Parliament.

“I have been told by the chief whip, who is my friend and who I like very much, that it will be his sad duty to write to me tomorrow to tell me I have had the whip removed after 37 years as a Conservative member of Parliament,” he said Tuesday night in an interview with the BBC. “That’s fortunes of war. I knew what I was doing.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/w...s-johnson.html

Leave a comment:

• Dauphin
    replied

worth a read

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    Boris’ plans appear to be blowing up in his face.

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    UK gov loses majority:

Phillip Lee's move to the Lib Dems leaves the PM with no working majority as he faces a showdown over no deal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X