Clear All

• giblets
    replied
    Doesn't matter, there's no take-backsies on referendum results

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by giblets View Post
    They voted to stay in the Common Market in the 1975 referendum, and since referendum results are binding for all eternity, a "no deal" brexit would be violating the Will of the People.
    Wow, you are being especially dumb as the European Community was not the EU. If it was still just the European Community of 1975 then people wouldn’t have voted to leave as that was not the anti-democratic abomination which is the current EU.

Leave a comment:

• BeBro
    replied
    Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    Actually Boris sent 2 letters to Tusk:
    1. The extension rquest (which he didn't personally sign)
    2. Another, longer, letter, in which he explained that an extension of the Brexit wouldn't actually be in the interest of the UK and the EU
    He could have shortened things quite a bit if he just sent one letter asking and not asking for an extension

Leave a comment:

• giblets
    replied
    They voted to stay in the Common Market in the 1975 referendum, and since referendum results are binding for all eternity, a "no deal" brexit would be violating the Will of the People.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    Votes are not forever things. We don’t vote once and then let the results stand forever (as much as Trump would like to be President for life). If the people change their minds so be it.

Leave a comment:

• giblets
    replied
    Yeah the seniors who voted for Brexit will be rioting.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by pchang View Post
    The the extension request say “I am only sending this because I have to. Please say no.”?
    More than likely the EU will want to tack on demands in exchange for an extension; Boris has said he will not make any compromises and will actively work to use their MEPs to make the EU as dysfunctional as possible to jam things up. That is exactly as it should be because this farce needs to end but the EU is trying to drag it out hoping they can eventually reverse the will of the people.

I don’t see it working especially since pro-Brexit voters will be absolutely incensed, some possibly to the point of violence at their election results being ignored. As they should be.

Leave a comment:

• giblets
    replied
    lol too bad they're going to give him teh extension

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    The the extension request say “I am only sending this because I have to. Please say no.”?
    More or less.

Actually Boris sent 2 letters to Tusk:
    1. The extension rquest (which he didn't personally sign)
    2. Another, longer, letter, in which he explained that an extension of the Brexit wouldn't actually be in the interest of the UK and the EU

Here Letter 1:
    https://twitter.com/MehreenKhn/statu...66822998695526

And letter 2:
    https://twitter.com/MehreenKhn/statu...66939869388800

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    MPs voted to delay. What will BoJo do now?
    BoJo didn't want to anger the parliament needlessly and obeyed.
    The extension request already has arrived on the desk of Donald Tusk

https://twitter.com/eucopresident/st...61904427143171

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    To delay voting on his “deal” which is just May’s nonBrexit with one or two very minor tweaks. My guess is it won’t pass Parliament, and it really shouldn’t because it remains a steaming pile of excrement, and no deal is the result. That is actually a good thing because no deal is the best possible long term solution.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    MPs voted to delay. What will BoJo do now?

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    commented on 's reply
    Odds seem low considering the DUP are against it.

• BeBro
    replied
    Deal no #2.

Let's see if Boris gets it through parliament

Leave a comment:

Working...
X