Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Kavanaugh, great justice or greatest justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    The other point is that there was corroborating evidence of a struggle throughout the apartment, stuff smashed, door off it's hinges and the cuts. Where is the physical evidence for any encounter with Kavanaugh? There isn't any. It's all, "attempted". She's claiming intent and not actions.
    According to the account, she was a 15 yo girl taken by surprise. Kavanaugh was a 17 yo boy, captain of the varsity basketball team and a 2 way football player. If it happened, a physical altercation between the two would be extremely one sided, no damage would be likely. Her account that she was pushed into the room and pinned to the bed and only was able to escape Mark knocked them off the bed is self-consistent with no physical damage to the building.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Her memory is very precise about some things and very imprecise about others. I can remember exactly where I was when my assault happened. Room, place, apartment, location, everything. She seems to be able to remember all these precise details except some of the most important ones.
    You can't even remember what she actually said even though it's freely available online and even posted in this thread. So pardon me if I doubt you could remember every last detail of something that happened 36 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    The problem is that she can't explain how she got out of that situation.
    During this assault, Mark came over and jumped on the bed twice while Brett was on top of me. The last time he did this, we toppled over and Brett was no longer on top of me. I was able to get up and run out of the room. Directly across from the bedroom was a small bathroom. I ran inside the bathroom and locked the door. I waited until I heard Brett and Mark leave the bedroom laughing and walk down the narrow stairs, pin-balling off the walls on the way down. I waited and when I did not hear them come back up the stairs, I left the bathroom, ran down the stairs, through the living room, and left the house.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    How did she know that Kavanaugh attempted to rape her and not, say, wrestle her?
    She said he tried to take off her clothes. Grinded his hips into her. Groped her. Put his hand over her mouth when she tried to scream. The intent described in the account is clear to anyone with at least half a brain. You can disbelieve the account, but to pretend the account if true was of something innocent is absurd.

Leave a comment:

• Berzerker
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    "
    Why did she take the time to mention the boys 'locking her in'?"

I think a better question is why didn't her friend hear her scream and all that noise? That's a life long friend. And they never talked about it? In her letter she said there was loud music downstairs, but Mitchell got her to change her story.
    You accuse her of lying when she doesn't remember details and now you're accusing her of lying because she did remember details. Obviously she heard or saw the door locked... What a strange complaint. I'd think locking the door would have been quite memorable given what an ominous sign it would be. She said they turned up the music. Apparently she didn't tell her friend. And what does a friend being life long or not have to do with whether or not her screaming was heard? She was 15 at the time, 'lifelong' wasn't a factor.

She testified when she did yell out Kavanaugh covered her mouth with his hand leading her to think he'd kill her accidentally. What letter says the music was downstairs and not upstairs? Why dont you know all this when you've been trumpeting the prosecutor's report? Btw, her report says there wouldn't be enough to prosecute Kavanaugh, so what? He wasn't on trial, he wasn't going to jail if his nomination was rejected.

The following is the text of the letter Christine Blasey Ford wrote to Sen. Dianne Feinstein detailing an event in which she accuses Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct. CNN was not provided a copy of the letter sent to Feinstein, but a source who had the letter read the contents of a redacted version to CNN.

That letter?

"They locked the door and played loud music"... Mitchell didn't get her to change that detail

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Why did she take the time to mention the boys 'locking her in'?
    She didn't say she was locked in.

Brett and Mark came into the bedroom and locked the door behind them.

They locked the door and played loud music precluding any successful attempt to yell for help.
    Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied

Wouldn't it be attempted murder if he tried to kill her as she claims?
    She doesn't claim he tried to kill her. Her actual words:

This was what terrified me the most, and has had the most lasting impact on my life. It was hard for me to breathe, and I thought that Brett was accidentally going to kill me.
    If she thought he was trying to kill her she wouldn't have been worried he would do it accidentally.

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    And she doesn't know where someone tried to rape her. How convenient.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Originally posted by spambot View Post
    Well, I can't say I've ever encountered a bathroom where the door is locked from the outside and can't be unlocked from the inside.
    Well, the attempted rape happened in a bedroom ... but of course this doesn't matter ... Judge and Kav, of course, locked the room from the inside and there is no reason not to assume that they left the key in the hole (and actually only locked the bedroom in order to not get caught by someone entering the room)

Leave a comment:

• spambot
    replied
    Well, I can't say I've ever encountered a bathroom where the door is locked from the outside and can't be unlocked from the inside.

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

If I remember correctly Kavanaugh held his hend over her mouth ... also she was in the 1st floor (while the rest of the people seem to have been on the ground floor) ...
    not to forget that, from my party experiences in the 80s, they most likely had music running (and may already have been in a quite drunken state)
    You do not remember correctly, or you did not watch the "hearing." She said she screamed and then he put his hand over her mouth. She said in the letter that there was music playing downstairs. But at the "hearing" she said she didn't know if there was music playing or not. She said she didn't know if people were talking downstairs.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    "

I think a better question is why didn't her friend hear her scream and all that noise? That's a life long friend. And they never talked about it? In her letter she said there was loud music downstairs, but Mitchell got her to change her story.
    If I remember correctly Kavanaugh held his hend over her mouth ... also she was in the 1st floor (while the rest of the people seem to have been on the ground floor) ... not to forget that, from my party experiences in the 80s/90s, they most likely had music running (and may already have been in a quite drunken state), so even if she had cried it would be questionable if someone would have heard her

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    I've locked myself in before.
    Not surprised.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    I guess that’s another difference between you and Dr. Ford. She knows how doors work.

You can believe the account or not, but it clearly was not just an account of groping. You moved the goalposts to attempted rape, and still lost.

Murder has a legal definition and requires intent to kill. Dr. Ford was explicit that even during the attack she did not think there was intent to kill, and the actions she claims happened dont imply one either. In the account there was no intent to kill. If in such a case death had been a result, it would be manslaughter.

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    "

Leave a comment:

Working...
X