No announcement yet.

Las Vegas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never thought I would say this but Ben is making me wish Kid was back.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter Hutchins View Post
      I'm kind of disappointed about the bump stock theory. In other words, that is the sole, potential, political consequence, but that isn't even what made the massacre possible. Perhaps easier, the scale of the violence could have been lesser. But when we're talking about a guy shooting into a crowd, why focus on some random gadget on some of his guns? Really?
      I have to agree. The reason for focusing on the gadget is because some people (about10% of the population) don't want to talk about the heart of the matter. Unfortunately, that 10% own the Republican Party lock, stock, and barrel.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

I would classify Greeks yes. Israelis, it would depend.
        Then it is interesting that you don't classify the turks as white.
        What is nowadays turkey, was the Basileia ton romaion till the 15th century, the kingdom of the romans (nowadays called the Byzantine empire),
        which was a greek kingdom (with the majority of the population being of greek origin).

After its gradual conquest (culminating in the death blow in 1453, with the conquest of Constantinople), the greek inhabitants weren't driven away but rather became ciitizens of the ottoman empire and gradually intermixed with the ottoman invaders, a large pecentage of its inhabitants becoming muslims over the course of the centuries.
        While there were progroms and "ethnic cleansing" in the ottoman empire in the 19ths century (when the greek states revolted and ultimately gained their freedom from the ottoman empire), those progroms were more religious than ethnic (and ecluded greeks who had taken the muslim faith).
        So, when you generally classify turks (as "people being borrn in turkey") as "non whites", you classfy a large percentage of people as non white who may have (genetically) more in common with the greeks, than with the ottoman invaders of the 15th century (and/or may even be classified as "ethnic greek" if one would examine their genes)

As for Israelis:
        Well, on what would it depend for you, whether you classsify Israelis as white or non white?
        Last edited by Proteus_MST; October 11, 2017, 22:28. Reason: Just a few word corrections
        When people ask you what happened tell them the north remembers.
        Tell them, winter came for House Frey.

Comment

• Do you classify Scottish, Irish, Spanish or Polish people as white? Why or why not?

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Only blonde Scandinavians are white.
            "South Africa is a shithole. It used to be a decent place." -Ben Kenobi
            "I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day." - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Bigot.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• While there were progroms and "ethnic cleansing" in the ottoman empire in the 19ths century (when the greek states revolted and ultimately gained their freedom from the ottoman empire), those progroms were more religious than ethnic (and ecluded greeks who had taken the muslim faith).
                So, when you generally classify turks (as "people being borrn in turkey") as "non whites", you classfy a large percentage of people as non white who may have (genetically) more in common with the greeks, than with the ottoman invaders of the 15th century (and/or may even be classified as "ethnic greek" if one would examine their genes)
                The fact that they distinguished themselves from Greeks sufficiently to conduct ethnic cleansing is why I don't classify them as white.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith and Solomwi you will be missed
                “A word or a smile is often enough to put fresh life in a despondent soul.” Ste Therese.
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• It was an exact quote, and all your back peddling doesn't change it. And to no surprise, everybody here see's you for what you are.
                  So feel free to attempt to support your bigoted comments... but it isn't fooling anybody.
                  I'm not asserting you've misquoted me. Just that the original quote never actually specified white people. There's a reason for that.
                  “A word or a smile is often enough to put fresh life in a despondent soul.” Ste Therese.

Comment

• WTF does have to do with the RCC not treating women as equals and you supporting that unequality?
                    You never specified. Many do regard abortion as women's rights.

Are you referring to the requirement that the Catholic church have a male priesthood?

Comment

I'm not asserting you've misquoted me. Just that the original quote never actually specified white people. There's a reason for that.
                      Blah Blah Blah... You were robbed by black people... You are a bigot and are white. You were just trying to justify you bigotry. You can try to weasel all you want, but everybody here can see through your crap. But feel free to continue to explain what you "really" meant. And we will keep laughing as you dig an even deeper hole.
                      "If black people robbed you, I'd not consider it prejudice for you to be angry at black people in general" - Ben Kenobi
                      Lessons in Christianity.

Keep on Civin'
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The fact that they distinguished themselves from Greeks sufficiently to conduct ethnic cleansing is why I don't classify them as white.
                        Do you mean that white people don't conduct ethnic cleansing?

Comment

• Do you mean that white people don't conduct ethnic cleansing?
                          You generally don't ethnic cleanse members of your own race. That Turks were trying to ethnic cleanse Greeks, and Greeks are white, it goes to reason that Turks don't regard themselves as white.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So you're saying the Nazis felt the Jews weren't white? The actions of one group do not define the race of their victims.

• You were robbed by black people
                          When did I ever claim that?

See, this is the point. You read the text and immediately concluded things which I never said and never claimed. The example I used was that of a Latino getting robbed by a black man.

Don't you think there's a reason I didn't specify white? Don't you think that perhaps I am obliquely referencing something that I actually did witness?

You were just trying to justify you bigotry. You can try to weasel all you want, but everybody here can see through your crap. But feel free to continue to explain what you "really" meant. And we will keep laughing as you dig an even deeper hole.
                          Well then. Feel free to find a quote where I stated that a black man robbed me.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Our memories are sufficient.

You generally don't ethnic cleanse members of your own race. That Turks were trying to ethnic cleanse Greeks, and Greeks are white, it goes to reason that Turks don't regard themselves as white.
                          Germans under Nazi rule wanted to ethnic cleanse russia (inhabited by slavs, which were seen by the Nazis a subhumans) ... slavs are white.
                          Does this means, germans are not white?

I am still curious when you define Israelis as "white" and when as "not white", btw.
                          When people ask you what happened tell them the north remembers.
                          Tell them, winter came for House Frey.

Comment

• BK never said a black man robbed him. He said a dopehead robbed him, and so he hates dopeheads.

Of course, when asked if he would hate black people if black people robbed him, he made the affirmative statement in Ming's signature. Saying you readily judge individuals based on the actions of someone who has no connection with them, other than a passing resemblance in skin tone, is racist. Whether he was actually robbed by a black man is irrelevant at that point.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                            X