Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
    I'm only going to fight him on so many things. He's convinced I need a second monitor, for example, and I'm pouring most of my energies into preventing that from happening. At home, he uses more monitors than I have fingers, and he can barely work on the two he's forced to contend with in the office. I'm not really sure what he needs all those extra monitors for; alt-tab exists for a reason.
    What was he in the Marine Corps? Admin? They all have a bunch of monitors each.

What do you do for your job?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Having only one monitor lets me hide Poly without suspicion.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        What was he in the Marine Corps? Admin? They all have a bunch of monitors each.
        No, I'm pretty sure he was an aircraft mechanic.

What do you do for your job?
        Data entry, mostly. Some arts and crafts.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I have two monitors but they're for two separate machines using the same key/mouse.
          It's quite handy. (One is a 32 bit machine the other is 64 so it's easier to test software compatibility.)
          And I do crunch a lot of data so a second machine can be quite useful when one gets bogged down grinding.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            I have two monitors but they're for two separate machines using the same key/mouse.
            It's quite handy. (One is a 32 bit machine the other is 64 so it's easier to test software compatibility.)
            And I do crunch a lot of data so a second machine can be quite useful when one gets bogged down grinding.
            Hi. I am interested in this one keyb/mouse setup. How is this achieved?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• You can do it with hardware but that's clunky.

But if your machines are networked

Control multiple windows systems with one keyboard/mouse. Share a keyboard and mouse across multiple windows system.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Look up KVM switches at Newegg or Amazon, among others.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I've tried both hardware and software for this. And the software option is cheaper and easier to use. The switches require hitting a key where the software only requires for you to move the mouse to the screen you want use.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    I've tried both hardware and software for this. And the software option is cheaper and easier to use. The switches require hitting a key where the software only requires for you to move the mouse to the screen you want use.
                    Does it function similar to a single system that has the desktop spanned across multiple displays?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• HEY EVERYBODY MY LIFE SUCKS OVER HERE.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I have now been promoted to 3 monitors at work. FTW.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          Does it function similar to a single system that has the desktop spanned across multiple displays?
                          Never had that so not sure. But it sounds like it might. Whichever screen your mouse is on is the system that is controlled.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

HEY EVERYBODY MY LIFE SUCKS OVER HERE.
                            You said not to take the too seriously, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              Maybe... except for this:
                              you have another mental disorder?

Comment

• Just cleared my work inbox down to two emails. One is a reminder of something I need to keep track of. The other is an HHS-wide message informing us of the mental health services available to employees. I probably don't count.

Comment

Working...
                                X