Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or is Mobius a horrible person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N35t0r
    replied
    Dude, life isn't black and white.

There's a difference between saying: "Thatcher is dead, good riddance" and saying "Wohoo! Thatcher is dead! I'm bringing out the champagne!"

Neither of those is cheering for her, yet one of them is definitely bad form.

Leave a comment:

• MOBIUS
    replied
    Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
    I also think his post and the way he phrased it, like the celebrations on Thatcher's death, was simply bad form.
    So now I'm supposed to have celebrated Thatcher's death!? Cite please!

I may have had absolutely zero respect for her and not be sad in the slightest at her passing. However I certainly didn't celebrate her death - death was too good for her!

I detested her and her policies, but she wasn't Pol Pot or Saddam Hussein.
    She wasn't, but she certainly supported both of them! I already covered Pol Pot in her passing thread...

How Thatcher helped Saddam commit genocide

Margaret Thatcher's Funeral: Her 9 Friends Who Sadly Won't Be Able To Make It

How £1bn was lost when Thatcher propped up Saddam

Then there's Pinochet, Gaddafi, King Fahd, Zia, Apartheid, Suharto etc etc etc... If it wasn't for her, some of the policies of these people would never have happened...

But hey, feel free to make stuff up about me - it's nice to know that you have a hard on for me...

Leave a comment:

• molly bloom
    replied
    Originally posted by Elok View Post
    You, Molly and I have all told him very clearly what we dislike about his behavior.
    I'll admit that I have on occasion enjoyed winding up what I used to refer to as the god-botherers and the Christianistas with the odd, erm, inflammatory remark.

I could, if I'd been as obtuse as MOBIUS, used this opportunity to wonder why god would choose to smite an area of the Bible Belt with destructive forces of nature. But that would be playing the Falwell/Phelps/Robertson game, and I don't believe in that kind of simplistic worldview in any case.

I also think his post and the way he phrased it, like the celebrations on Thatcher's death, was simply bad form. I detested her and her policies, but she wasn't Pol Pot or Saddam Hussein. Equally with the death toll still being reckoned, his remarks were more than likely, whatever he may say his intent was, to be misinterpreted.

Some people I don't mind offending- but I don't usually go out of my way to offend people - I can't see the point.

Leave a comment:

• MOBIUS
    replied
    Originally posted by Elok View Post
    It's just not worth your time to keep trying further.
    This. They either don't understand or choose not to.

All that's important to me is that I know that what I've been accused of on this thread is not true. I've given my explanations and if people can't accept that, then that clearly is their problem and not mine.

Leave a comment:

• Alexander's Horse
    replied
    He's not horrible, he's just a very naughty boy

Leave a comment:

• N35t0r
    replied
    Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
    FFS!!!

I've never had a problem with you before, you seem like a decent guy.

But only a moron, or someone being deliberately obtuse, could possibly try to contend that Elok's 'Is it me' thread is not directly inspired by my 'Is it me' thread...

Whatever...
    I never said that. What I said was that the particular episode referred to in the thread wasn't important, you reaction to it was what sparked this thread. It could have been a thread about a shooting, or a thread about an earthquake or hurricane rather than the tornado thread. I mentioned that because you seemed to have misunderstood Elok and concentrated on the specifics of whether it was or not crazy to live in tornado alley without appropriate shelters (which IMHO it is), rather than the form in which you did so (hence the 'mocking'and smiley remarks). It's obvious that Elok chose the title copying that thread, I never denied that.

No, you're not trying to be helpful, you're just jumping on the bandwagon - except you just fell out of it onto your arse because your initial point is patently wrong and you're not man enough to simply admit it.
    My point always was that Elok's point was that you come off as an ******* that's happy that people have died, and the actual specifics about how they died and how much they are to blame about it are irrelevant to the first point. I happen to agree with him, and I wouldn't have posted if I didn't think you were a decent guy otherwise. In any case, it's up to you, I'm just trying to be friendly.
    Last edited by N35t0r; May 27, 2013, 21:23.

Leave a comment:

• Elok
    replied
    Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post

I sincerely doubt you have to worry about that.

Mike H

JM

Go-getters
    Yeah, that was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

Nestor, I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but at some point you've got to throw up your hands and say to hell with it. You, Molly and I have all told him very clearly what we dislike about his behavior. He either doesn't understand or chooses not to. It's just not worth your time to keep trying further.

Leave a comment:

• MOBIUS
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    MOBIASS.
    Nice one, Texwit. Isn't it sad that that is probably the cleverest thought that you've had in your entire life - and even that had to be prompted by N35t0r...

Leave a comment:

• MOBIUS
    replied
    Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
    I think you've caught something off BK
    FFS!!!

I've never had a problem with you before, you seem like a decent guy.

But only a moron, or someone being deliberately obtuse, could possibly try to contend that Elok's 'Is it me' thread is not directly inspired by my 'Is it me' thread...

Whatever...

Well, I was just trying to be helpful. If you want to keep on like this and coming out like an ass, I'm not one to stop you.
    No, you're not trying to be helpful, you're just jumping on the bandwagon - except you just fell out of it onto your arse because your initial point is patently wrong and you're not man enough to simply admit it.

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    MOBIASS.

Leave a comment:

• N35t0r
    replied
    Just be a man and admit it. You were wrong.
    I think you've caught something off BK

Yeah.
    Well, I was just trying to be helpful. If you want to keep on like this and coming out like an ass, I'm not one to stop you.

Leave a comment:

• MOBIUS
    replied
    Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
    Yeah, he copied it because it was your last thread. He could have done this the last time you did it, copying your last thread. The details of what happened are irrelevant, we are referring to your reaction.
    Just be a man and admit it. You were wrong.

So I'm mistaken about how your posts come out to people who red them over the internet, me among others?
    Yeah.

Leave a comment:

• N35t0r
    replied
    It totally is relevant. Elok copied the 'Is it me' theme of that particular thread - he was therefore explicitly referring to it. What you're claiming wouldn't stand up in a court of law, sorry.
    Yeah, he copied it because it was your last thread. He could have done this the last time you did it, copying your last thread. The details of what happened are irrelevant, we are referring to your reaction.

Well dude, clearly if you're mistaken about the first point, then I suppose you (and you're not the only one) are mistaken about this point too...
    So I'm mistaken about how your posts come out to people who red them over the internet, me among others?

Leave a comment:

• Alexander's Horse
    replied
    Its' like one of those Hollywood roasts...

Leave a comment:

• MOBIUS
    replied
    Like I give a **** what one of the Texas 3 amigos thinks!

Go **** a tumbleweed or something...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X