No announcement yet.

And now for more important matters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good. Rap transcends mere music. That's a ****ing what's up. Props to rap as an art-form.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Good. Rap transcends mere music. That's a ****ing what's up. Props to rap as an art-form.
      No, it's like they took music and stripped it down to just some people talking. Doesn't "transcend" music at all.

Comment

People talking poetry to music. It's a half-century old artform that is preceded even further by jazz poetry and has ancestors in bards and griots of medieval Europe and Africa.

Maybe you need to hear rap without the beat to get some understanding. Here's an example:

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Nothing wrong with that, but it's clearly not a musical genre.

Comment

good job leaving the thread albert
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Yeah well I need to educate. As KRS One said, "You must learn!"

Here you go, gribbler, rap from 1956. This was the original that was later performed by the Coasters and became a hit single for them in 1960:

Comment

Why are you posting rap videos in a Led Zeppelin thread?

Comment

Because you came in here and started talking trash about rap because you're an ignorant little boy. What? Are you scared to learn something? I learned what Led Zeppelin is.

Comment

I was only responding to your comments about rap. Trying to prove you know a lot about music because you listen to a lot of rap

Comment

I listen to a lot of stuff as well. Go peruse my posts in the Music Thread to see how eclectic my taste is. It still doesn't include Led Zeppelin though so I guess you'll be heartbroken.

Comment

Thanks, that thread is hilarious
                        Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                        I must say out of all the people ive ever met that has enjoyed music in one form or the other, and Im considered a street vet despite what you nutslaps might think, the posters in this (and numerous other) music thrades on this website have absolutely the worst taste in music that ive ever heard in my entire life. none of you appreciate rhythm and lyrics going together in any sort of cooperative effort, any type of balanced cadence, or the noticing of pop-trendy recycled basslines and harmony released as album filler that you all see as brilliant. you all post music that you hope other people you meet will hopefully start conversations with for some sort of social ladder/acceptance thing that seems to consume your entire lives so you can feel better about yourselves. you can recite lyrics and know songs by heart, but do not even know why or the understanding how the music is put together for the purposes of enjoyment in the first place. You all are predictable, hivemind, cardboard posters with absolutely no depth of meaning or feeling whatsoever in any of your music.

compared to you idiots i am Beethoven and I am wasting my considerable musical genius on you WRT to the genre that I am a guru of (gangster rap) and it is also a goddamn shame that you will all go to your graves learning nothing from the exposure you have had to my greatness for years and keep posting your pop-trendy and conversation piece VH1-type bull****. You dont like the genre or the content, granted, but completely ignore the perfect harmonial balance that I can pick out in any song in less than 5 seconds. Your loss, so keep living out your plastic and manufactured lives.

this is what goes through my mind when any of you dare insult me in this context. and i lol.
                        Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                        you are a complete lost cause, Albert, so I know that you are incapable of seeing reason on this (and many other) topics. Hell I dont even WANT you to suddenly see my point of view and start liking what I like because you will only post album filler and singles hits and give the wrong impression (Like DJ Khalid.) Your opinion on this means, and i mean this seriously, absolutely NOTHING to me and I also do not care who on this site believes you over me as my statements in post #2045 above was directed to everybody. The only one here still active with a shred of hope is Aviohapso.

It now comes down to pride; do I continue to waste my brilliance and time posting fantastic MUSIC (not poetry) knowing I am correct and superior to a bunch of halfwits who will NEVER see or enjoy my efforts or let you all sink into your pit of communal acceptance, degenerating into a mindless sludge with all creativity drained away, posting the first song on youtube you search for that is popular for the rest of your lives?

Maybe I am here for yalls OWN good.

Comment

AAHZ is a joke. Do you hear the music he likes?

Comment

No, I never listen to rap videos.

Comment

you ought to listen to the stuff in the music thread gribbler (excepting aahz posts). there's actually some really good stuff in there.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                No, I never listen to rap videos.
                                Wow. Such a great and open-minded attitude to have! You'll get far in life with such close-minded ignorance!

Notice how I asked about Led Zeppelin and listened to their songs when I found out about them. I didn't go like, "I never listen to rock music".

Comment

Working...
                                X