No announcement yet.

Adam Smith is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of curiosity, how old was he, what did he do for a living?
    be free

Comment

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

RIP, my friend.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Always a voice of reason, intellect and sanity in the often-juvenile political and economic discussions on poly. His contribution will be much missed.

All of my good wishes to this family and those who knew him.
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Really sad news.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

RIP

He was one of the good ones.

Sad
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A person well respected. A rarity indeed.

Adam Smith you are and were an uncommon gentleman.

Vaya con Dios.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Yes... a well respected person.
                  I met him once when he had a long lay over scheduled at O'Hare. We met for drinks in an airport bar.
                  He was a nice, smart and an interesting guy.

RIP
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Adam Smith was the person who first taught me how to play Alpha Centauri by PBEM.

I liked debating with him about personal freedoms. We lost a smart and generous poster with his passing
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

another good poster gone

Comment

I really enjoyed him. This sucks.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Oh, this is sad. He was a very nice man and his posts here were most insightful. I don't think I've ever seen an angry post from Adam Smith, which is quite an achievement considering what we've all been through for the past 10+ years.

I will miss him.

---

Thanks, lord of the mark, for letting us know.

Comment

LOTM: If you have any details regarding the funeral, please let me know. Would like to attend, if possible. I haven't seen an obit.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

AS was a true class act.
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X