Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US election of 1960 -- was it stolen or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US election of 1960 -- was it stolen or not?

Please provide any further discussion about this academic question to this thread, instead of hijacking other threads with it.

Only elections where Republicans win are stolen.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yep, otherwise they're "appropriated."
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Aren't I on your ignore list yet? Or do you really have nothing better to do?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

What did my post have to do with you? I didn't even realize who'd made the second post until you decided to dredge up... whatever the hell your issue is.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Damn, I'm not on your ignore list.
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why would you be?
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Sigh. I'm not wasting time with you.
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You already have.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

I know.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Now now children...

Back on topic please... assuming anybody really wants to discuss it
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What was the topic again?
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The OP wanted to discuss if Abraham Lincoln stole the 1860 election from John Breckinridge.

Comment

Yes
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Illinois was stolen, absolutely. My grandfather, a Daley machine foot soldier, helped steal it.

But Illinois wasn't enough to hand the election to Kennedy. So the question is really whether Texas -- where he won by a slim margin, but nowhere near as slim as Illinois -- was also stolen. On teh one hand, LBJ probably had teh clout to steal it; on the other hand, LBJ was popular enough in Texas to have won it for Kennedy legitimately. So, hard to say.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X