22 year old guy wanting to have sex with 16 year old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blake
    For me, the questions are not really any different. If A then B, if not A then not B. The idea that a girl can be mature enough to have sex with a 16 yo, but not mature enough to have sex with a 22 yo? Uh?
    What if we substituted 22 with 35 or 45, or even 65...
    Does that change your perspective
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If I had a 16 year-old daughter, and a 22 year-old was trying to sleep with her, I'd cut off his balls.

That said, can we please get rid of this thread, given that it's a freaking ad?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
        If I had a 16 year-old daughter, and a 22 year-old was trying to sleep with her, I'd cut off his balls.
        So would I

That said, can we please get rid of this thread, given that it's a freaking ad?
        While the inititial post was an ad, the topic itself stands on its own, as proven by the response
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael
          Why do you believe that 16 year olds are unfit to have sex?
          Because teens are too immature. If they are mature enough, they'd wait to have sex. Unless that teen is emancipated, the teen lives with a legal guardian. Who takes care of and pays for a baby if the teen gets pregnant or gets a girl pregnant? It is immature to so casualy engage in an activity for which another will end up paying for. Another major reason is that teen in their youth may not be educated enough about STDs or if they are, they think, "It'll never happen to me." Another sign of immaturity. You may ask, what if they have safe sex? It's not safe enough. For adults it's ok, but only if those adults have the backup to deal with the consequences in case of an accident. Speaking of adults, you may say that you know lots of adults that are not mature enough. Well I'd agree with you, but we are just talking about teens now. If you want to talk about adult sex, create the thread and I'll participate in that one too. The last counter arguement I'd like to address before I'm done, is someone might say the teen could just get an abortion. Without going into an in depth debate, I will just say that using abortion for birth control is despicable. Also, it still costs money for which the parents are most likely to pay. Finally it's not an option for some families because of personal morals and some teenage women may think an abortion is the way to go, but later regret it, so whether you are pro-choice or pro-life, abortion is still not an option you'd want to rely on.
          EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shrapnel12
            Because teens are too immature.
            I won't disagree with this, but I'm of the opinion that most people are too immature to have sex. You said that was for another thread though, so okay.

If they are mature enough, they'd wait to have sex.
            But if they are mature enough, then they will make smart decisions and not have sex in a risky fashion. If the risks are mitigated by maturity, what's the point in waiting? Are they waiting for financial independence just in case?

Unless that teen is emancipated, the teen lives with a legal guardian. Who takes care of and pays for a baby if the teen gets pregnant or gets a girl pregnant? It is immature to so casualy engage in an activity for which another will end up paying for.
            Is this your main point? Is being taken advantage of and all that stuff not an issue for you? It's mainly the unintended consequences of hanky panky that bother you? It's not a bad point. But...

Another major reason is that teen in their youth may not be educated enough about STDs or if they are, they think, "It'll never happen to me." Another sign of immaturity. You may ask, what if they have safe sex? It's not safe enough.
            Few things that anyone does are safe enough. That's a broad statement and not really useful, though, so I'll specify. At sixteen you can drive. Driving is much more dangerous and requires far more education and skill than sex.

What's worse: accidentally having a baby or accidentally plowing into a minivan that has three kids, the family dog, and groceries in the back?

Are you okay with sixteen year olds driving?

For adults it's ok, but only if those adults have the backup to deal with the consequences in case of an accident. Speaking of adults, you may say that you know lots of adults that are not mature enough. Well I'd agree with you, but we are just talking about teens now. If you want to talk about adult sex, create the thread and I'll participate in that one too.
            Beyond my belief that most adults aren't mature enough to have sex, I also believe that most adults aren't equipped to raise children. I think most people simply stumble through the most important thing humans can possibly do. It seems like some of us plan out Civ gaves more carefully than we plan out raising children.

The last counter arguement I'd like to address before I'm done, is someone might say the teen could just get an abortion. Without going into an in depth debate, I will just say that using abortion for birth control is despicable. Also, it still costs money for which the parents are most likely to pay. Finally it's not an option for some families because of personal morals and some teenage women may think an abortion is the way to go, but later regret it, so whether you are pro-choice or pro-life, abortion is still not an option you'd want to rely on.
            My stance on abortion is slightly more complicated than pro-life or pro-choice, but I couldn't agree more here. Abortion should not be taken lightly.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

No one was convicted, but the the mothers father spent sometime in jail (released for lack of evidence).
              This could get confusing...

I wiki'd it. I take this to mean the 5 year old's father (and not her grandfather on mother's side...).

I say we dig up the bodies and run a DNA test.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

But if they are mature enough, then they will make smart decisions and not have sex in a risky fashion. If the risks are mitigated by maturity, what's the point in waiting? Are they waiting for financial independence just in case?
                True, but it's my opinion that all teen sex is too risky. It's risky for adults, but the consequences are greater overall for teens

Is this your main point? Is being taken advantage of and all that stuff not an issue for you? It's mainly the unintended consequences of hanky panky that bother you? It's not a bad point. But...
                Yes those are issues too, but I thought the points I brought up were easier to argue. It's not so much the unintended consequeces as to the inability for a teen to deal with those consequences.

Few things that anyone does are safe enough. That's a broad statement and not really useful, though, so I'll specify. At sixteen you can drive. Driving is much more dangerous and requires far more education and skill than sex.

What's worse: accidentally having a baby or accidentally plowing into a minivan that has three kids, the family dog, and groceries in the back?

Are you okay with sixteen year olds driving?
                :hmm: No, I guess I'm not. Let's face it, teens are dangerous drivers. Insurance is much higher for them for a reason. At least there is a practical point to letting teens drive in that they gain expierence and become better drivers which means safer drivers. Expierence in sex doesn't make you safer at sex. Also I think it'd be easier to stop a reckless teen from driving then from having sex. I have to say that killing a family from a crash is as great a consequence as getting Aids or having a child that you can't support, but the reality is that teen pregnancy is out of hand, but I don't think that many families are killed in accidents caused by teens. It seems and warrants discussion that driving takes less maturity then having sex (even though sex is easier)? From a statistical standpoint, doesn't driving actually seem safer then driving?

Beyond my belief that most adults aren't mature enough to have sex, I also believe that most adults aren't equipped to raise children. I think most people simply stumble through the most important thing humans can possibly do. It seems like some of us plan out Civ gaves more carefully than we plan out raising children.
                QFT! Adults can handle their errors better however. OTOH, I'm slightly in favor of temporary sterilization and licensing of reproduction rights.

My stance on abortion is slightly more complicated than pro-life or pro-choice, but I couldn't agree more here. Abortion should not be taken lightly.
                I consider myself pro-life, but I don't have a typical pro-life stance.

Comment

• But what's the cut off? Where do you draw the line? When is a teenager suddenly responsible enough to have sex?

I'm 21 but just moved out of my parents' house this summer. Should I not have been able to have sex until now?

On the other hand my first girlfriend was out of her parents' house when she was still in high school. She was a teenager but she was independent (though not emancipated). Should she have been able to have sex?

Or should there just be some arbitrary line. At 20 (no longer a teenager) you're responsible enough, ready or not.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

But what's the cut off? Where do you draw the line? When is a teenager suddenly responsible enough to have sex?

I'm 21 but just moved out of my parents' house this summer. Should I not have been able to have sex until now?

On the other hand my first girlfriend was out of her parents' house when she was still in high school. She was a teenager but she was independent (though not emancipated). Should she have been able to have sex?

Or should there just be some arbitrary line. At 20 (no longer a teenager) you're responsible enough, ready or not.
                    Why not 18? It's already been set up that way. We have to obey our parents before then and after that we can make our own decisions. We are still young and stupid but in general it has been deemed that 18 is the age we are best able to "leave the nest".

Comment

• How would this be enforced?
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Isn't this typically the way it already is? I mean 16 is legal in a lot of areas, but 18 is too. I just googled the age of consent in Ohio and it's 16 , but to answer your question, enforce them the way the are now (but raise the age to 18 if not already). Oh and for teen on teen sex, the parents should be capable enough to enforce that.

Comment

• Okay, so you (well police maybe?) catch a pair of 15 year olds having sex in a back of a car.

What do you do? Give them a ticket? Haul them off to jail? Take away their condoms?

I'm really curious what kind of legal prohibition you honestly think will stop 15 year olds from having sex...

Comment

• I'm not asking for a legal prohibition. I merely responded to Lori's question on my opinion of teen sex. The cop can take the teens home to their parents who can deal with them as they see fit.

Comment

• Then why some age cutoff if it is up to parents anyway?

Comment

• The cutoff is for adult on teen sex. That's where the law comes in. Lori asked what my cutoff was. That's what I think it should be. It's a guideline I feel everyone should agree with. Don't you think people should agree with your opinions, especially those that make up your core value system?

Comment

Working...
                                X