Every advance in the history of the world is a result of black people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aneeshm
    These people sound scarily like the nutjobs who claim every single civilisation in this world was an off-shoot of a "Glorious Indian empire" which covered the entire world in the far, far past.

That's a mirror you're lookin' into, my friend.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Oops sorry wrong picture.
      Attached Files
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Here we go.

Would this person be welcome in calis house?
        Attached Files

Comment

• HAHAHAHAH

The original Egyptians were unmixed pure black folks.
          Are you serious? Black "folk" eh?

Though from your article, I never said the Egyptians were not African, I said the exact opposite.

Plus we need to be reminded that Egypt is in Africa (not the Middle East) and that all of the Pharaohs (up to and including the 25th Dynasty) would have been required to "sit at the back of a bus" in the 1940s in Montgomery Alabama. Let's allow the pictures to speak for themselves...Ready?
          HAHAHAHAH

Nope, no bias there.

But then I went and looked the site and OH, MY, GOD! It is like Ned going to Aryan Nation sites to WWII citations.

"RETURN TO GLORY"
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• From your link, Kid:

In many sectors there seems to be some controversy about the racial make-up of the Egyptian people, i.e. whether they were White or Black. This is a simplistic approach to a much more complicated set of circumstances since Egypt's strategic location brought people in from the south with Nubian and equatorial African influence and from the northern coast of Africa and the Middle East with Afro-Mediterranean and Semitic influences.
            In other words, arguing over whether Egypt was "black" or "white" is dumb.

Unfortunately, the guy then plunges right into that argument (in response to the conspiracy he believes occured to make Egypt "white").

The original Egyptians were unmixed pure black folks.
            I'm no Egyptologist, but this sounds fishy. However, were it true, I honestly wouldn't care. It's not like I feel any connection to "white" Egypt...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Hey guess what, we have important black people here too. Some even have statues.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• In other words, arguing over whether Egypt was "black" or "white" is dumb.
                Who said anything about white?

Comment

• Ancient Egypt: the Mythology is *the* most comprehensive site on ancient Egyptian mythology on the web. It features over 40 gods and goddesses, 30 symbols and complete myths. Also featured are articles about egyptian culture and history.

The ancient Egyptians were not "black". However, they were not "white" or any other so-called "race." This does not mean that they were not African though. A simple matter of geography forces them into that classification. Ancient Egypt was the most successful and longest lasting civilization on Earth, and it was African.

So how does one determine what "race" a people are? Sociologists and historians use various yardsticks to determine this, such as physical characteristics of the people, what language they spoke, or what religion they believed in, etc...

Seated at the juncture of three continents, the Egyptians showed the physical characteristics of Caucasians, Negroes, and Asians. With the migration of various peoples into the Nile Valley throughout the thousands of years in which the Egyptian culture flourished, it is nearly impossible to avoid a racial mixture of the population. Therefore, the most heated debate centers around what race the Predynastic or earliest Egyptians were, the "original" Egyptians, if you will. Yet again, skeletal remains indicate that they shared the characteristics of Caucasians, Asians and Negroes.

Linguistically, Egyptians spoke and wrote a language that held Semetic and sub-Saharan African properties. Their language fell into the language group that linguists call, "Afro-Asiatic". Language is not necessarily the best yardstick to use concerning racial background though. One must remember that languages can be spoken by vastly different ethnicities, just as Spanish is spoken today by both Spaniards and South American Indians...

Perhaps the most important question to answer is: What race did the Egyptians believe they belonged to? The ancient Egyptians saw themselves as being ethnically distinctive from both the Asiatics to the north and the Negros to the south. The tiles from a palace shown here depict a negro and an Asiatic captive. They look distinctly different from the Egyptian priest shown above. Both in art and in literature, it was clear that they saw themselves as being different from their neighbors. The Egyptians believed that they were of the "Egyptian" race.
                  -Arrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos

Who said anything about white?
                    I'm not sure, but the guy from Kid's link sure thinks somebody did.

A better way to phrase it would be "arguing over the ethnicity of ancient Egyptians" is dumb.

-Arrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
                      HAHAHAHAH

Are you serious? Black "folk" eh?

Though from your article, I never said the Egyptians were not African, I said the exact opposite.

HAHAHAHAH

Nope, no bias there.

But then I went and looked the site and OH, MY, GOD! It is like Ned going to Aryan Nation sites to WWII citations.

"RETURN TO GLORY"
                      The point is that throughout most of US history a mixed person has been considered black. In fact they still are widely considered black. But when white people interpret history people with mixed blood are not considered black. It's a valid point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                        In other words, arguing over whether Egypt was "black" or "white" is dumb.
                        Who is saying that? Do you think he is saying that, or are you just saying that? If it's you why are you participating in the discussion?

Comment

• In fact they still are widely considered black.
                          I would think it depends on how dark their skin is. Further, I don't think being considered black in 2007 is the same as being considered black in "1940s Montgomery Alabama."

Now it may be that this guy is still fighting an old battle he thinks needs to be fought.

-Arrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Who is saying that? Do you think he is saying that, or are you just saying that? If it's you why are you participating in the discussion?
                            I think arguing over it is silly because the answer is neither white nor black. Egypt was a bit of a melting pot.

-Arrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                              Ancient Egypt: the Mythology is *the* most comprehensive site on ancient Egyptian mythology on the web. It features over 40 gods and goddesses, 30 symbols and complete myths. Also featured are articles about egyptian culture and history.

Perhaps the most important question to answer is: What race did the Egyptians believe they belonged to? The ancient Egyptians saw themselves as being ethnically distinctive from both the Asiatics to the north and the Negros to the south. The tiles from a palace shown here depict a negro and an Asiatic captive. They look distinctly different from the Egyptian priest shown above. Both in art and in literature, it was clear that they saw themselves as being different from their neighbors. The Egyptians believed that they were of the "Egyptian" race.

-Arrian
                              Here's where you can see the strong bias. There is no reason to believe that this tile shows that they believed themselves to be a seperate race. This only shows that they believe themselves a distinct people or nation. In fact, I don't believe that race was important as it is today in Ancient Egypt.

Comment

• The point is that throughout most of US history a mixed person has been considered black. In fact they still are widely considered black.
                                By white people?

But when white people interpret history people with mixed blood are not considered black. It's a valid point.
                                So white people consider mixed people black, except when they don't?

Comment

Working...
                                X